Lipo & BBL with Dr. LaGrasso - Aventura, FL

I was exploring the idea of getting lipo back in...

I was exploring the idea of getting lipo back in January 2013. In April I saw an ad for a sale at Dr. Pascual's office for $1,800.00 for lipo. Prior to the ad I had set a budget of $4,000.00 for the procedure so $1,800.00 sounded great. I went to the office for a consult. I met with Lorraine, she is great. She is very informative about weight loss, hcg and dieting. She suggested that I get back and flanks, in addition to stomach. I originally was only going to do the stomach. She also said for $2,000.00 more I could get BBL. I had no idea what bbl was. She showed me some pictures and I was sold. I met with Dr. Lagrasso who informed me that I would be a good candidate for both lipo and fat transfer. Dr. L is a young Dr., very personable and friendly. He had warm hands answered what few questions I had. They were few b/c I knew nothing of bbl.
I went home spoke with the DH and started looking online for info. April 13, 2013 I put my $1,000.00 deposit down for a August 1, 2013 date. I am 5'6" tall and was 165 lbs. I wanted to lose about 9 lbs. before lipo. My regular weight is 135 lbs. that is before this great weight gain. Instead I gained 6lbs., and was not sure what to do, was thinking about getting later date . During this time I joined RS and learned so much. I also became excited about getting it done so I went ahead.
I went in for my 2 week pre-sx visit and was informed that the date I put my deposit down for was not available. I was very upset b/c DH had taken time from work and kids were away. We had planned on that date. I was also told that I had to get medical clearance from my primary before I was guaranteed my date. What !?! No one said anything about that. The young lady said someone should have told me. She said Lorraine should have. I think the person taking my $ should have. I think anyone should have before they took my non-refundable $1,000.00. If I did not get clearance I could use that money for other things in their office. This was the first sign of things to come.
So I did not pay the balance at that time I had to run around to get blood work and see my primary to get clearance. I must say that I was highly up-set that in 4 months no one could tell me what I need. Anyway, blood work & EKG was good, got clearance and Aug 6 date.

1 week post op visit

When I went for my follow-up visit a week after my sx they took out my drains. By this time I was off of my pain pills. I took them around the clock for 5 days. I did not give them a chance to stop working, then after 5 days no more. I wished I had taken on before the visit. It hurt, I was not expecting that. While most people do not experience any pain having the drains removed I did.
Three days later I swelled up all over. I could hardly walk, the bottom of my feet were round and sore. Legs looked like I had elephantitis.
During the Dr L said not to sit, do not sleep on my back ..... end of advise. Dr L said stiches will dissolve. After Dr left the room the Ma took out two stiches when I told her what Dr L said she then took out drains and left the other 7 in. No one asked me how much I drained over the past 8 hours or so. No discussion just took them out. I was happy at the time. Not so happy after my face turned into a pumpkin and feet into melons. Also told Dr. that I did not think that garment was fitting me right, it was cutting into my thigh where I had lipo done. He said they would fit me with one that fit correctly. (Had to take it off next night b/c I was so swollen. I had to use a used garment Larraine gave me).

I did not find out how much was put in. Overall everything health wise went well.

I was hoping for something like this

I was hoping for something like this. At least this is what I shared with my doc

Pictures picutres pictures

I am being brave and posting these pics. I really do not want to but I want the RS ladies interested in Dr L to see my results.

Back view

Four things that I could not have lived without

I know that there are lots of list out there but I just wanted to highlight 4 things that I found extremely helpful.
Wipes.. all types for all parts of the body
Female urinal
Spray on lotion
Foam with hole for sleeping on my back.
Yoga mat