35 Years Old, 2 Kids - Australia, AU

I started my journey 10 wks ago... After having...

I started my journey 10 wks ago... After having all my fave foods as a last horrah before my lifestyle change, I started my pre-op diet, followed by 4 phases (stages) of textures & types of food as directed by the dietician on the surgeons team. I have lost 17.6 kg with no exercise in this time! My life has improved already in so many ways already. I'll add photos when I can ????

fixed nausea with a simple solution!

I was sick every morning for a few wks (no not morning sickness!) and then I figured it might have to do with not having food in my stomach and the food was too harsh...I wish I figured that out earlier!! Now I don't have to take sickness tablets and be scared of food if I start my day with a high protein drink. I've never been big on breaky and it goes down easy. I then have a 'soft' lunch and a 'soft/normal' dinner.

losing my hair!!

I started to lose my hair when I couldn't eat, THIS LASTED 3 WKS. I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet, since I increased my protein its not coming out in handfuls any more..EAT YOUR DAILY PROTEIN!!

2nd checkup with surgeon 9.5 wk post op

Surgeon appt was a couple of days ago. He was very pleased with my weight loss so far. Ny next review is September.

7 1/2 months post op

Having my sleeve was the best decision I have ever made for myself & my kids. I'm so grateful for my pouch. I can now tolerate all types of food & don't feel nauseated. My sister is now getting a sleeve & my mum want one too. I've lost 43.6 kg & 6 - 8 dress sizes. The weight keeps coming off due to the food being reduced alone as I have restrictions with exercise.. However now I've started enjoying, yes enjoying!! gentle exercise as it's easier without carrying so much extra weight. My medication has reduced and my blood pressure improved. No complaints here!!

lost 58.5kg!

It's nearly 13 months since my surgery. I've never been happier with myself!

13 month review

Hi.. My 13 month review.
It was really hard to get my head around thing's initially but as time has gone by I have gotten used to my new lifestyle & am loving life again. I have had some struggles as one would expect after a major surgery & I have co-morbidities which initially made my recovery slower... Apart from the pain from the surgery, I was very sick for the first 4 months with nasea & vomiting.. I couldn't keep food down, even water! My dietician was helpful at that stage with ideas on different food & liquid consistencies which helped. Last yr I slacked off with taking my daily multivitamins & making sure I ate enough protein and due to that I suffered massive hair loss & lost nearly half of my hair, but luckily I had thick hair to start with & now my hair is growing back!
Thankfully I got through the tough times with support from friends, family & professionals & the experiences made me stronger & wiser. I have learned allot. I have so many things to be thankful for now due to my weight loss. I have cut down on so much medication & I no longer have high blood pressure...They even think my sleep apnoea has gone! I can move easier and faster. Before my surgery I couldn't even go to the mail box. Now I can walk kms & keep up with the kids!!

24 months post op