Revision Rhinoplasty ~ Third Time Lucky I Hope - Australia, AU

Well this will be my third Rhinoplasty, we have to...

Well this will be my third Rhinoplasty, we have to get it right so am not taking any chances with a cheap overseas option as I have done this the last two times. My first was in July 2014 by Dr Faizal Anwar in Malaysia, my second I went through CosMedi Tours in Bangkok and had Dr Borripat ruin my nose further trying to correct Dr Faizals work. This time I'm having a very experienced surgeon that I have found through this wonderful site, Dr Howard Webster, located in Melbourne. Everything I had read about him was true and accurate. He is a very caring compassionate surgeon and really takes the time to explain exactly what he is going to do to ensure we achieve the desired results. He was so thorough in our appt which went for over an hour. I'm so excited and feel so confident I have made the right decision.

Projected outcome

This is a photo imaging of the desired outcome. So excited????

Countdown begins 6 days till surgery

Am so so excited, can't wait for the big reveal, stay tuned.

Today's the day, so excited

I am having my surgery today, so excited, pics to come.

It's done

Had my surgery, 61/2 hrs surgery to completely rebuild my nose. Howard is such a perfectionist that he wasn't going to finish till the end result was perfect. So excited to see my results but I must be patient. My nostrils look perfect. The only pain I experienced was the rib graft, but on the mend.

Progress thus far

It's been 11 days post surgery and it really is so hard to appreciate the work done. My nose, whilst appears to have more structure is so swollen, it looks horrid. It was after all a 61/2hr procedure to rebuild my nose so I realise it will take time for the trauma to settle. My eyes are still bruised however fading rapidly. I just have to be patient. There is no kidding that the rib graft was not painful, this has been the hardest to endure, so incredibly sore still to this day. No gym, no running, no exercising, so hard for someone like me.

3 wks and 3 days update

It's hard to appreciate how my new nose looks, it's so swollen. Have developed an infection on the cartilege graft which has resulted in the tip of nose being very swollen, red and sore. Contacted Dr Howard and he has put me on a super strong dose of antibiotics, hopefully to clear up infection assp as the infection if it persists can damage the cartilege. Not much fun and has left me feeling a little depressed.

Random pics

Found this great app to upload varying pics of my nose. Thankyou all for your support and well wishes. Will keep you updated with progress.

It really doesn't look much better

Really am finding it hard to appreciate the new nose. This is s before and after photo. I thought I had found my genius, now not so sure ????

10 weeks on and very disappointed

It has been exactly 10 weeks since my surgery and I cannot even express how disappointed I am. I thought paying a costly price for a reputable surgeon would have guaranteed me the best results, I certainly am not feeling that now. As you can see from the pictures it is hardly a desirable result. Added to that my nose is still extremely blocked and very uncomfortable to breathe. I don't know if this is a result of this being my third Rhinoplasty that I'm experiencing a slow recovery. I have expressed this to Dr Howard Webster and he tells me I must be patient as its still very swollen but I can't see it being an attractive nose even after the swelling subdides. I would appreciate if anyone can share there results with being very unhappy to suddenly miraculously after the swelling s beautiful nose appears. Something to give me some hope. Am so sad at the results from what I thought was going to be an amazing result from a reputable surgeon.

Very disappointed, 22 weeks post surgery

True reflection
0:28
I haven't updated in a while as I didn't have anything positive to update but thought it was time to post an update with the raw truth of a very disappointing outcome. So my infection to the cartilage has persisted, my nose feels extremely blocked still, I hope this will correct itself once the swelling finally settles, and most disappointingly nothing at all resembling the photo imaging we had discussed as a desired outcome. Dr HOWARD WEBSTER is aware of my disappointment and making all efforts to work with me, that I have to grant him but this is far from being one of his better outcomes. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Going to one of the 'best surgeons' doesn't always equate to a great outcome. This being my third rhinoplasty I can anticipate the recovery and I know I will not achieve the perfection I desired. Left very sad and disappointed.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr Howard Webster is one of the most genuine surgeons that is genuinely invested in achieving the very best outcome for his clients. He had a compassionate nature that allows one to feel comfortable and trusting of him immediately. He answered all my questions and our consult was very thorough discussing the entire procedure and our expectations. Despite some complications that arose, Howard went out of his way and beyond all expectations to address my concerns.