Mole Removal Gone Wrong - Australia

I went to see Sam Cunneen for a consult to get 2...

I went to see Sam Cunneen for a consult to get 2 moles removed from my arm. They were surrounded by an intricate, well thought out, expensive tattoo. I was planning on going back to the tattoo artist (in America) 3 weeks later, which I communicated to him at the time. Without discussion or explanation, he gave me 2 punch biopsies on the spot. I was told nothing about aftercare only that it "doesn't make any difference" if I cover the wounds or not. The biopsies were deep, and I was horrified when I took off the band aids. Three months later, they're not healed and look awful. I had to cancel my trip to the USA, as they were nowhere near healed three weeks later, and still very raw.

Three months later, and they're still not healed. Bright red, bumpy, my arm is ruined. I kept going back (twice after the procedure) to ask whether this was normal, and was only told to hang in there and "enjoy my Chrissy" (after expressing that this had ruined my last few months). I'm so disappointed. I was given no after care instructions (only that it didn't make any difference if I covered them or not), and was given no follow up.

It was all completely unnecessary, seeing as I was simply going in for a consult and didn't even expect to have a procedure done. There was no discussion, no photos taken of the area, no consent signed. Nothing. I'm struggling to understand why this was done to me. I will now have to seek out a number of other professional's advice on how to rectify the problem at my own cost. It might not be the blunder of the century, but it has cost me a lot in both money (cancelling a trip, cancelling gym membership, cancelling work because of the planned trip) and emotional stress (wondering if this is ever going to heal well, which it hasn't).

9 Months Later, still devastated.

9 months later and they still look terrible. It's devastating, and they are now just are an added unnecessary insecurity for me. Every day I'm in disbelief that this was done to me, especially as I had planned my whole arm for 8 years, and those hopes could be dashed in one bad and negligent appointment.

Have been to get second and third opinions, and there's really nothing that can be done. Just a horrible reminder every day about how you can take one misstep and have it be something that can effect the way that you look and feel for the rest of your life.
Perth Plastic Surgeon