48 Years Old, 2 Grown Sons, Time for Me!! TT, Muscle Repair, BL with Slight Reduction, Lipo Flanks. Reston, VA

Hello to all of you brave, courageous ladies out...

Hello to all of you brave, courageous ladies out there! I am 48 years old and I am having a tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo to the flanks, and a breast lift with a "slight reduction". I am getting super nervous! I am 5' 2" and 146 lbs. I have two grown sons---one born by c-section, one vaginally. I have tons of stretch marks. I have had some up and down weight gain and weight loss. The most recent has been a 22 lb loss in the last year. Due to all of these things, I have hanging skin and I hate it! I have always hated my stomach and I have never worn a bikini. The pouch has always been there even at my smallest. I don't even let my husband touch my stomach or see my stomach. I am a DD and a slight reduction will be perfect I think. The lift, of course, is a fabulous idea! haha They used to be way up and big, now they are hanging and saggy! My journey began with a life style change of healthy eating and trying move every day. Now I want my body to match my life. I hope to document this journey and maybe even help anyone reading this during their journey as well. I have become a RS stalker! Seriously, I am on here everyday hoping to find more tips and advice to help. I will post pics soon. I don't know if I have the nerve to do that yet! EEK! My post-op appointment is this week so I will check back in soon. Thanks for all of the support!!

A few before pics

Not sure why the pics are upside down!

Pre-op appointment today.

Wow! It is real! Paid, signed, panic set in! I am so excited and so nervous. Here are the pics from today. Not easy to look at. I am so used to "sucking it all in" and I relaxed for the pics. I figured, Who would I be fooling? My Dr.?! He knows what I need help with!!! 20 days! Oh boy!!

9 days to go!!

Just a quick update. I have 9 days to go until surgery. I think I have everything I need. A few little things yet to pick up and grocery shopping. I have to plan out a few meals and other foods to eat the first few days of recovery. My husband is great and will cook etc so no real worries there. I just want to make things easy for him. The lift recliner will be delivered Saturday. I will rearrange the furniture closer to Saturday. Now I am going to get away for a couple days with my husband and try to relax! He has a work trip and I decided to tag along! Talk soon!

Surgery day!

Today is the day! We are getting ready to drive to the surgical center. Prayers and positive thoughts! I will post soon

I did it!!

I did it! I really can't believe it! I am sore and hurt some but it isn't too bad. Have to be careful moving for sure. I have a pain pump so I am sure that explains it! My husband has been amazing. I am so grateful. I have been peeing a lot so, therefore, I have to get up and THEN try to remember how to get back in the bed! Tips: 1. purchase a leg/knee pillow wedge that keeps your legs elevated. NOT the ones where your feet hand down and it is up under the knees. 2. Purchase soft under pads with moisture barrier. I have then under me in the bed and in the car for the drive home tomorrow. I found them near the depends. So far that is all I can think of. Just took meds so I am a little sleepy! Thank you for all the prayers and positive energy!!

Post Op Day 2

Well today has been a little tough. When I get up, I start out at a 90 degree angle with the floor! It gets better after I walk a little. Another tip: toilet seat riser. Our toilets are pretty low. I tried it when we got home and I did it but it wasn't easy. So, my husband attached it for me. I did have to find something to rest my feet on since I am short. I didn't need much. A little stool was way too high. Tip: make smoothies! I bought a plant based protein powder and all kinds of fruit and almond milk. My husband is making them as an "in between" eating snack kind of thing. I have had a decent appetite, so I am not using it as a meal replacement. Just another way to get more protein. I also have the craziest rumbling tummy ever! So much gas!! I am finally passing it a little so there has been some relief. Not enough relief, but some. My husband can hear my stomach rumbling from the other side of the room! Lol. And don't forget to use your spirometer. If you didn't get one, just breathe deeply as often as you can remember to do.

Post Op Day 3

Things are a little better today than yesterday. Pain is at it's worst when I am due fur the next dose. My body knows and I will wake up if I am sleeping just as the timer is going to remind me to take more! I start to notice a chance around the 3 hour mark and I am on a 4 hour schedule right now. Kinda funny how the body knows. My appetite is pretty good just small small servings. I want more but I can't eat it just too full. I still have a ton of gas and rumbling! I took a gas x pill so hopefully that will help. I think there is some swelling today because my binder feels tight. Normal I am sure. I am going to put up this pic but it is at a wierd angle. Just wanted a pic from today. Oh and also my breast fell very full and tight so I am using some ice here and there.

Post Op Day 4

Well I moved a lot today! I walked and sometimes I was pretty straight and other times I needed to be hunched over some. I walked to the bathroom, of course, like a thousand times! And I walked around the kitchen, too. Felt good but I got tired pretty quickly. Okay, so a little info from that initial post op appointment the day after surgery with the dr. My breasts both looked good but my right breast was crazy crazy dark purple. He wanted to keep it moist and covered with a little Vaseline and gauze and keep it clean and we will check it when I go back in a couple days. Well we cleaned it and redressed it and it looks ten thousand times better!! I have to say I am so incredibly relieved because I was really scared. It is purple still but better.

Post Day 6

Hello, ladies! Today was a big day! I finally didn't chicken out and I took a shower! It was wonderful! The whole process took forever but it was well worth it. I helped around the kitchen a bit today and I even say outside for s while. Oh! And I finally had a bowel movement! I know, too much information! But it was long awaited! Overall, really good day. Some swelling and definitely super tight, a few twinges in my belly (can be a little scary!). Thanks for all of the support!!!

Day 7 Post Op

Good evening, ladies! Today I had a Dr appointment-one week follow up. It went well. My Dr is really pleased with the progress. My right breast look great. He was pleased. And so am I. The bruising is turning yellow which sounds gross but it is good bc it is the end stages of the bruising. Yellow and pink too! ????. They took several stitches out. It was weird! I was nervous but it was fine. Dr said my swelling is minimal and that is good. I go back in one week. I am happy!! Hope you all have had good days as well!

Post Op Day 10

Wow! 10 days! That surprised me when I counted it out. I had a super busy day with lots of movement on Wed. It was good to get out and try to feel normal. I am not yet but it was nice. That busy day resulted in lots of swelling. And I mean swelling. It also resulting in scolding from my best friend (she has gone through this as well) and from my husband! I was told to "listen to my body and slow down!" Obviously, I wanted to be out and have lunch in a restaurant with a friend and not feel like I was incapable. However, they were right. I was uncomfortable and was swelling and I didn't "listen to my body." I rested more the next day. Today, I did some and rested as well. The swelling, however, is not changing as fast as my activity level did. I plan to do a little and rest also. It is really hard when you are used to going and going. I guess I will have practice and listen. Good night, ladies! Hope you are finding the balance!

Post Op Day 11

Question for all of you brace ladies who went through this before me: What can I do for swelling? I KNOW there will be swelling. I just wondered if there is something I can do to alleviate it in some way. I am officially a sausage!!!! Any and all advice welcome! Thank you!!

Post Op Day 13 2 week check in

We went to my two week check in with my Dr. This morning. Everything looked really good. Small seroma that he used a needle to take out a little fluid. 2cc. He said not out of ordinary. Looks good though otherwise. We are very happy!

3 Weeks Post Op

3 weeks ladies! Wow!! I feel good. Energy is coming back slowly. It seems like if I feel good and do things one day, then I am more tired the next day. I have an important question for all of you. Do any of you feel like your lower belly from the belly button to my incision is a piece of concrete? I can't feel anything in that area and it doesn't move and it is seriously hard as a rock. I am so curious if this is common or if there is something wrong. I feel like it isn't part of my body! Any and all comments please! It is just wierd and scary. Thanks!!

PO Week 5

PO Week 5. Wow! Time is flying! I feel really good. If I do too much during the day, I am noticing some swelling by evening. It can be uncomfortable but I just have to put my feet up and rest a bit. My energy is still not 100% yet. I feel like I am ready to go early then I poop out in the afternoon! Lol. I really love my results so far. I still have numbness and immobility in the area from the belly button down. It is so weird. I have an appt next week so I will ask about it for sure! I hope you are all healing well. Thank you for being there for me when I really needed it!!

6 week update

Wow! I cannot believe it has been six weeks already. My Dr cleared me for all activities. Only restriction is lifting a ton and to just be smart with what I do. His rule: "if it hurts, then stop and don't do it!" I feel good. I definitely have swelling on and off. I have noticed it is really related to what I eat. I really have to be mindful of sodium. I try but sometimes I just make bad choices! Eating out is the toughest. Anyway, the only thing I don't like is the numbness still in the lower abdomen. Dr said it will take time. Patience is tough!! Hope everyone happy and healing well!!

6 week pic