Newyorker45 - Austin, TX

I wanted this surgery due to years of weight loss...

I wanted this surgery due to years of weight loss and gain which left loose skin that no matter how much exercise my stomach fat stayed. I had my breaststroke done in August but couldn't do a mommy make over due to me having a lift also. I had the surgery two days ago. Will post pics soon. Not much pain except back pain when try to walk. Also left hip scar hurts and I have been sleeping for a day and half.

Newyorker45

I am on day 4 after my surgery. I just coughed and wanted to cry. I am not sleeping a lot since coming off pain pills and sleeping in the recliner has a lot to do with it. My boyfriend has been so helpful. Ladies you can't do it alone. I still can't stand up and my back hurts when I walk. I got the feeling back in my right arm which it was numb from anesthesia and having it lay in one spot. I go to the doctors today for my second follow up. My drains produce less fluid so I am hoping they come out soon. I will post more photos afterthought doctors visit.

Newyorker45

My visit yesterday with Dr. Maggi went well. We talked about my left incision site hurting and I still haven't had bowel movement. I will try different stool softener which I am scared what will happen when I do actually go. I have also put a towel between my incision and the binder cause apparently it is causing an imprint. Last night I didn't sleep well in the recliner. I can bend my feet but still uncomfortable. I am starting arnica Montana pills today to help with bruising since I can't use the cream yet. I have uploaded newer pics. As time goes on I will post more. Can't wait for finished results

Newyorker45

Any tips on the back pain? My doc doesn't want me to put anything on it. My back only hurts when I get up and walk so after about 5 minutes I need to sit or rest against something. No back pain when I wake up from sleep or lay watching tv. I can't wait till I can stand straight up because I will be able to do so much more for myself. I don't understand when I did my research on this surgery that women were standing up right during first week taking pictures. Anyway, I can't wait till my next doc visit next week. Will post new pics then and an update.

Newyorker45

I finally had bowel movement after 7 days. I was afraid I was gonna pop incision. My stomach didn't hurt with me holding the pillow. I always had problems going normally before surgery but it just exasperated it now with the surgery. I have to continue prune juice, stool softener and miralax for several days. Sorry if TMI. I do have less drainage now. I am at 5 ml on each side. I hope to have them removed next week but not sure how much doc looks for before he gives the go ahead

Newyorker45

Had follow appointment today and was hoping drains would be removed but no such luck. Doc says probably in 10-12 days post op. Today I am 8 days. Also disappointed about blood flow not going to the "T" area which is in the front of my incision. It was explained as it will go through secondary healing in that area which will heal from inside out. In a year or so it can be repaired but in meantime there will be a scab possible. Not sure what it all means besides maybe more a scar in the front above my pubic hairs. Will do research on what that is about. But on a good note the staff says I am healing properly and my stomach is flat. Being that I am 6 feet tall and had lipo on one hip the binder is doing double duty which is challenging due to my long torso. May need 2 binders to make sure my hip is being compressed as well as my entire abdomen. Also my boyfriend took me out for a good breakfast after visit which I really want to be seen in public but it was nice afterwards. Next visit is on Thursday. Hoping for drains to be removed and will upload more pics then

Newyorker45

Today was my follow visit and was happy that one drain was removed. Plus I was approved to stand up a little more. Everything seem to be healing well. Once other drain is removed I may be able to sleep in bed which I miss laying next to my boyfriend. I return to work one week from today and would like to upright. I am not in any pain. Nurse explained the area that isn't getting any blood supply as not a big deal due to small area. Once scab forms and falls off and heals doc will go in locally to pull down to take away the scar it has left. But for the most part I am healing well and getting around faster. I no longer need any medication. Will take pics next week after drain is removed. I am waiting for new shorter binder to come to help with my long torso.

Newyorker45

So tomorrow is my follow up with the doc. I am hoping second drain comes out. I feel stronger but since I can't stand up it limits what I can do. I was able to take some pics with binder on but tried to do it without binder but became difficult. I have to use two binders due to my long torso. Since I had lipo on my right hip I need to compress that area also. I am thinking when I get into spanx it will be better. Today felt emotional. I am so independent and it just hit me after all these days that I miss getting around and being more mobile. I actually can't wait till return to work and can drive again.

Newyorker45

Yesterday was my follow up appointment and my last drain wasn't removed. Bummer! I go back tomorrow to check again. Today was the first time I could shower which was great. This is the first time I took my binders off and saw my entire body since surgery. I am swollen and my stomach feels gassy. Not feeling too great this morning. I also noticed marks from binder on skin even with my camisole worn between it. I need to put towel back on to create a cushion. They say I can stand up little more after drain removed also wait to drive. My boyfriend is supportive and understand my emotions. He bought me flowers yesterday. Sweet! I can't wait to get back to my life.

Newyorker45

So Wednesday my last drain was removed and I can walk at least 90 degrees upright. My stomach tightens randomly which makes me adjust binders. I must say during this process there wasn't much pain just very uncomfortable. I finally slept in bed after 2 1/2 weeks but couldn't get comfort but better than the recliner. I can start putting ear plug in my belly button. I finally put in underwear after all this time. Stomach looks flat and I am sure there is welling. Can't wait to see final product after healing.

Newyorker45

I am feeling stronger. I can now do some stretching to loosen some tightness. My stitches were removed yesterday. I am walking about 90 degrees upright. I am putting earplugs in my belly button and put gauze over it to keep in place. I have a scab forming in front. I can have fixed more if decide so it will heal from inside out. I didn't think I would ever get back to myself but 3 weeks later I feel better than 1st week. I am stuff and stomach really tight after I get up from sitting for too long. I am in a spandex now. Told I need to be in spandex for 8 weeks after surgery. Not sure if need to wear it for 8 weeks after start date or 8 weeks starting from first day of surgery. It is not too uncomfortable but see swelling so I know it is necessary. I am traveling in 2 weeks and was hoping I would be binder and spandex free at least during my trip. Oh well. Next doc visit in two weeks

Newyorker45

I am now in a spanx for another 2 weeks. Got the approval to do moderate exercise but no crunches. The stomach is still tight but getting better when I stand up. I slurp with the spandex and my binder to help with my swelling. Can't wait for three month mark to see what it may look like.

Newyorker45

It's been 2 1/2 months now. I am finally seeing finalized results and happy. The worst part was having no blood supply go to the front and having to heal from inside out. My wound is almost closed and has scabbed over. I am out of my spanx and back into the gym. Although sometimes I feel the soreness on my sides I then put my binder on for the support for a few hours and it helps. I can't do stomach exercises yet till I am 6 months post so I am avoiding core exercises. I still feel the need to stretch but it isn't as tight or hurt when I do. It has finally gotten better when I cough or sneeze but I try to not to it afraid I will undo something. I do get some swelling but haven't pinpointed when it happens or why. Looking forward to continued changes and I will start the scarring treatment.

My doctor is a perfectionist and his team all care and are very patient. I would definitely recommend this office to a friend.