37 Year Old with Stubborn Belly Pooch - Austin, TX

I am a fit 37 year old. No children, I run several...

I am a fit 37 year old. No children, I run several times a week I'm 5'7" and 130lbs. Ever since my teens I've had stubborn belly fat. No matter how thin and no matter how great of shape I'm in that darn fat just sits there. So I decided to break down and get Lipo in the lower abdomen and flanks. I'm now day 3 after getting it so there is still a lot of swelling. Even with the swelling I can already see a huge difference. Most of my swelling is in the public area which I've read is completely normal. I'm pretty confident that I've made the right decision. I'll continue to post my progress, but so far-so good!

1 week Post Op Appointment

Just went to my 1 week post op appointment. Dr says everything looks great and don't have to wear the foam under my compression garment anymore, yay! I can also start low impact exercise, such as walking and squats in 2 weeks, I'm pretty pretty excited about that.
I still have quite a bit of swelling but that won't be 100% for several more months. I'm already so happy with my results.

Two weeks out

I am now two weeks post op from my lower ab and flank Lipo. I'm loveing the results already. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and a lot of the bruising has gone away as well. I started working out again yesterday, although slow it felt great to be back at it. Can't wait until summer time to show off my new body!

4 1/2 week update

It's been 4 1/2 weeks since my Lipo of flanks and lower abs. I am more than happy about the results. I still have my days where I'm swollen than normal (usually if I'm super active that day) but everyday I see more and more improvement. The lumps are starting to disappear and I've already had to buy smaller shorts!
I just started running again, went 4 miles the other day without any discomfort. I can't wait to see what I'll look like in a year from now! So stoked!!!

5.5 weeks post op. I can wear this dress with confidence!!!

I used to be very self conscious wearing this dress. It was very tight around the waist, I could see buldges. Also my pot belly would stick and almost make me look slightly pregnant when wearing it. Today I tried it on and was so happy with how it fit. It's even slightly loose around the waist and so comfortable. I can start to wear clothes with more confidence and buy more form fitting outfits. I'm so excited!!!!!

7 weeks post op

It's been 7 weeks since my surgery. I am feeling so great!!!! This picture was taken just after a 5 mile run. A week or more ago I would have much much more swollen! As you can see, my left hip is still a bit swollen and just below the belly button is swollen as well. I can't believe how amazing my stomach feels! I used to wear a shirt while being intimate with my husband, I was so self conscious about my stomach. But now I'm proud of it and I finally feel sexy for the first time in a long time! Not only that but because I'm back to running 5 miles a day again, my thighs have slimmed down quite a bit. Summertime, here I come!!!

A little over 2 months since surgery.

I am so excited!!! Not only is most of the swelling gone but I feel amazing. Clothes fit me great and it has motivated me to work harder on getting the rest of my body in shape. Since the surgery I am back to my regular workouts and have lost inches on my thighs as well, just by working harder.
My stomach looks fantastic!!! I'm so happy I got lipo on the lower ab and flanks.

3 month post op. Lower abs and flanks.

3 months since my surgery. I am soooo excited with the results. I'm feeling amazing in a bathing suit, I've been able to buy new, smaller, clothes and have confidence wearing them.
Most of the swelling is gone and pretty much all of the lumpiness is gone. The flanks and just above the incisions on my hips there is some slight swelling but it gets better everyday.

Nearly 4 months post op

4 months since my lower abs and flanks got sucked out! :) I look and feel amazing!!! Love handles? What love handles? ???? belly pooch? No more!!! ????????????????????????
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Reid is great! His bed side manner is awesome. He makes me feel very comfortable, I feel well cared for and confident that I'm getting the best treatment and making the best decision for my body. His office staff is also very very nice and warm.