41 Year Old Male - Abdominal Laser Lipo - Austin, TX

Well, I'm three days post procedure and the...

Well, I'm three days post procedure and the results are better than I anticipated with less pain/bruising/swelling than what I was expecting. I can definitely see some degree of swelling with the tissue being a bit spongy, so as happy as I am at this very early stage, I'm even more excited to see how things continue to heal and tighten up. And with regard to bruising, I've experienced very little, although I'm not sure this is typical results. The doctor was very surprised at how quickly my recovery seems to be going.

The procedure itself wasn't all that bad, though certainly not painless. In fact the most painful part was the nurse injecting the anaesthetic solution. The actual laser/suction part wasn't bad at all.

Day of recovery wasn't bad, although the drainage was a lot to take - if you have a weak stomach, brace yourself. I found myself wanting to massage my abdomen to encourage all the drainage possible. While the doctor suctions the majority of the injected solution, there is a large quantity that remains and drains naturally. The more that drains, the better your recovery and less appearance of swelling.

Day after was definitely the worst. Super sensitive, difficult to sleep, difficult to move, so certainly plan to take at least two full days off of work. I returned to work on the third day, though left early as the waist band of my pants was beginning to cause pain.

Third day out the most annoying thing is this compression garment. Mine is actually just a big approximately 12" wide elastic bandage that is wrapped tightly sound my midsection. It's just annoying and I feel almost claustrophobic in it. My doctor told me to keep it on for 6 full days, so I'm almost done with it.

The side by side picture is a before and three days after photo. You can see the number of little band aids are where the small incision sites are. There are also several on my back where they went after the rear love handle area.

My procedure was technically "upper and lower abdominals plus flanks"..

I'll put up more pictures as I continue to heal.

I highly recommend!