65 Year Old with Ruptured Implants - Removal & Mastopexy - Austin, TX

I had (relatively small) silicone implants 33...

I had (relatively small) silicone implants 33 years ago after my second childbirth left me flat chested and clothes didn't fit properly. I never had any desire to be "buxom" - I just didn't want my clthose to sink in on my chest. I'd had no problems with the implants and was very happy with the size and shape of my breasts, but a recent mammogram indicated the implants had ruptured and everyone I consulted recommended they be removed. I didn't really want new implants but was afraid I'd look "sunken" when these were removed. I also hated the idea of having to wear a (padded) bra after 33 years of being able to go bra-less, just so that clothes would fit properly, but at my age (65) my breasts were sagging enough that I was pretty much faced with wearing a bra anyway if clothes were clingy. (Usually not a problem since I prefer loose clothes.) After weighing the pros and cons of the various procedures available, I decided to have a capsulectomy and mastopexy (lift).
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Haydon presented several options: simple removal of the implants, removal with a lift (mastopexy), removal with fat transfer (involving liposuction) to "round out" the shape, and removal with replacement implants. I elected to have the capsulectomy and mastopexy, which went well. However I developed intense pain from one of the drains. The procedure was done on a Friday, so I had to call the "after hours" number on Saturday to find out what I could do since I was maxing out on pain meds with no effect. Dr. Haydon got back to me IMMEDIATELY and talked me through several possibilities and things I could try, it being too soon to remove the drains. I expected to have to power through until Monday to have the drains removed, but Dr. Haydon phoned me the next day, and as I was still in pain and there was little drainage, he met me at his office ON A SUNDAY MORNING to remove the drains! The relief was immediate and I haven't needed any pain meds since then. The discomfort isn't much worse than when I was having my period, though not having worn a bra for 33 years, I find that somewhat irritating - but it's only for a few weeks. Since I'm only a few days post-op it's impossible to tell the final result, but with the lift I can wear the same bras I wore before and I think I will be very happy with the final results. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Haydon, his staff, and the facility where the procedure was performed and I highly recommend him.