39, Fair Skin - Looking for Improvement of Acne Scars, Skin Texture and over All Appearance - Austin, TX

I have suffered from acne since high school and my...

I have suffered from acne since high school and my struggle continued into young adulthood. Intense cystic acne outbreaks left me with scars . My scars are rolling that had rounded, sloping edges mainly on my cheeks. I went through two cycles of Accutane. As I grew older, my skin started to show signs of aging with smile lines and some wrinkles between brows. For many years, I have had minor procedures to improve my skin = chemical peels, microdermabrasion and IPL treatments. As well as investing in high quality skin care regime.

I have research more invasive treatments like TCA Peels, dermabrasion and many types of lasers for many years. This year I have decided to invest in a Active FX Co2 laser treatment.

Day of Procedure - Whole Face including eyes

Late in the day on a Friday. I went into office took Xanax and staff applied numbing cream. After 30-45 mins procedure began with one deep FX pass. Oh my goodness, I watch several videos online of individuals getting this procedure like it was a facial. It was painful! I did my best to be a big girl, but dang. My body was shaking uncontrollably during the deep and active FX passes. I would recommend additional pain medication that I ended up taking.

I could smell the burning skin, which was a little strange. Chrissy , my practitioner, was patient and very gentle considering everything. The whole process took 45 mins to hour. After done, I got my aftercare products and took Uber home. Once home, I made sure plenty of cream was applied to all areas of my face and relaxed/slept. Face was extremely hot, used ice packs to cool. Not in much over all pain. Once home I did take prescribed pain meds.

1st Day After Procedure

Very hot face and very swollen. My freckles look dark. Eyes very swollen , hard to see. Laid in bed most of day. Took pain meds and sedative to relax.
Continued to apply facial creams. I used an old foundation brush to apply creams. It was a great way to be extra gentle and evenly apply product. And I used smaller concealer brush to apply near eyes. Face very sensitive to wash and/or touch. I was pretty out of it most of the day. Went to bed very early.

Day 2 - after procedure

Very swollen. So strange to see my face so swollen. Eyes irritated and hard to open. Started vinegar and water cold packs. Still taking pain meds. Asked for refill. Took last of acyclovir. Face is very itchy, driving me crazy. Sharp pains of itch around jaw line. Skin feeling tight. No sleep at all. Taken allergy meds and pain meds, not really helping.

Day 3

Still really swollen, skin feeling very tight. Spraying water mist on face. Face very hot. Eyes goopy , hard to see at times . Chin starting to peel slightly. Left eye feels more tinder and hot than right.

Day 4

Still swollen. Eyes very sensitive and goopy , skin feels very, very tight. Neck is irritated. Sleep was difficult. Skin still feels hot. Skin all over face is sensitive to the touch, hard to wash. Took shower and very little skin came off when I washed my face.

Day 5

Less swollen still pink and red. Eyes still very sensitive, especially left eye. Left eye is oozing yellow in the crease for the past 2 days. Both eyes goop up at night. Under my chin is very sensitive as well. It is very uncomfortable to wash face. Slept a little better last night.
Left eye increased in size in a short amount of time. Called Dr. prescribed a steroid.

Day 6

Slept ok last night, moderate itching. Eyes swollen shut this morning. Got in shower to clean goop, light peeling of my cheeks in shower. Area around eyes very red and tight. Other parts of face pink and tight. Took first dose of steroid. Steroid helps swelling a lot!

Small break out under chin.
Neck and ears (not where lasered) bumpy and itchy. Not sure if these areas are irritated due to creams. Researched best vitamins to take for recovery. Started taking vitamin C, D3 and B vitamins

Starting to feel like a human again, just a little bit

Day 7

Sleep really well. Some light peeling in shower this morning. Majority of face is still pink. Eyes still are more red than other skin treated. They were slightly goopy this morning. Left eye is more sensitive, the crease is most damaged. Later in the day, corner of eyes really itchy

Day 8

More light peeling around eyes. Overall feeling much better. Eyes still more red than rest of face. Lathered up on sunscreen and ran a few errands.

Day 9

Eyes getting better and better. Eyes are still itchy at corners. Using heavy cream around eyes only. Regular moisturizer on rest of face.

Cheek comparison - Day 9

Just a quick look at cheek after day 9. I know you can't know results for several months, but just a peek

Lower Face Comparison - Before vs Day 11

Skin still pink. Eyes need more cream than other parts of face. Applied light layer of liquid foundation.

Before vs Three Weeks Post

6 weeks after procedure

Redness totally gone and skin is glowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Austin Med Spa - Chrissy Gray Lim, MPAS, PA

Austin Med Spa is very welcoming with a beautiful facility. Chrissy Gray Lim, MPAS, PA was incredibly knowledgeable about laser treatments and all things skin related! Austin Med Spa's support staff are gracious and always available for questions or concerns.