This Has Been an Amazing Journey - Atlanta, GA

I am excited just to think of how far I've come...

I am excited just to think of how far I've come since my procedure one year ago. When I started this journey, I weighted almost 340 pounds but on May 8, 2015, my life changed. I was diagnosed as being a border line diabetic due to my weight so I made the decision to get the sleeve. I feel amazing!

Celebrating the Journey

I am 1year and 3 months post op and down 124 pounds from my highest weight of 337 and feeling amazing. I have gone from wearing a Women's size 28 to a Missy's size 12/14 and even some size 10 depending on the style/cut. I just attended my first "Masquerade Celebrate the Journey" Ball in Atlanta, GA and it was awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting so many people who have had various types of weight loss surgery and they look great. I only have 38 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. I'm still excited about this journey and motivated to keep pressing forward until I reach my goal. I thank God for blessing me to go through the surgery and have no complications. It is only a matter of time before I will be in maintenance mode.
Atlanta Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Macik is the best surgeon. He doesn't say a lot but he is the best surgeon. He took great care of me, and I found out during Pre-Op registration at the hospital that he is the top surgeon that so many people come from all around just to have him perform their surgery. Dr. Macik took the time to listen to me and made sure I was ready to go home and my follow up care has been excellent.