This Has Been an Amazing Journey - Atlanta, GA

I am excited just to think of how far I've come...

I am excited just to think of how far I've come since my procedure one year ago. When I started this journey, I weighted almost 340 pounds but on May 8, 2015, my life changed. I was diagnosed as being a border line diabetic due to my weight so I made the decision to get the sleeve. I feel amazing!

Celebrating the Journey

I am 1year and 3 months post op and down 124 pounds from my highest weight of 337 and feeling amazing. I have gone from wearing a Women's size 28 to a Missy's size 12/14 and even some size 10 depending on the style/cut. I just attended my first "Masquerade Celebrate the Journey" Ball in Atlanta, GA and it was awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting so many people who have had various types of weight loss surgery and they look great. I only have 38 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. I'm still excited about this journey and motivated to keep pressing forward until I reach my goal. I thank God for blessing me to go through the surgery and have no complications. It is only a matter of time before I will be in maintenance mode.

Preparing for final phase before maintenance begins

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to update you on my progress thus far. It has been 18 months since I had the gastric sleeve and I am very pleased with the results. I haven't had any complications and now I'm just working to get the last 35 pounds off before I have my body lift. It has been an amazing journey and I know that this last phase will be a challenge but I am prepared to face it head on. I met with my surgeon last week and she was very encouraging and congratulated me on my success with weight loss surgery. She said that I should be excited about taking this final step to complete this process and I am. I encourage anyone who read my posts to enjoy the journey and celebrate every milestone because they help you reach your ultimate goal.

I'm Approved!!!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to do another update to let you know that I received my approval letter from my insurance today for my Abdomen Lipectomy and Infraumbilical Panniculectomy. I am so excited because it just two weeks ago that I visited the surgeon and the paperwork was submitted. However, since the surgeon didn't include the fact that I have a ventral hernia that has to be repaired they have to resubmit that to the insurance first. I am confident that all will be well and hopefully I will be at my goal weight by no later than February 2017 so I can go ahead with my surgery. My surgeon said that I should not be trying to lose more weight after the surgery. I said I would upload some before and after photos so you can see how God has blessed me on my weight loss journey. I hope they will encourage you as you move forward to achieve your goal and be a healthier you.
Blessings to you!!!

Seeing is Believing

I wanted to share some more photos of this amazing journey. I hope they will inspire you as they did me when I began to see the progress that I was making.

Seeing is Believing

Atlanta Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Macik is the best surgeon. He doesn't say a lot but he is the best surgeon. He took great care of me, and I found out during Pre-Op registration at the hospital that he is the top surgeon that so many people come from all around just to have him perform their surgery. Dr. Macik took the time to listen to me and made sure I was ready to go home and my follow up care has been excellent.