When Your Happy with Everything in Life Except Your Nose - Atlanta, GA

I am a 23 year old black woman with a huge nose. I...

I am a 23 year old black woman with a huge nose. I see a lot of people post this but no my nose is the biggest I have ever seen. I recently graduated from college and I have always wanted this procedure done. I have dislike my nose since I was 10. I am still confident and feel like I beautiful with my huge nose. My family dont even believe in plastic surgrey but this is something I have to have done. I have my 1st consultation February 8th with Dr. Dejoseph of Atlanta, GA . I am hoping that the cost does not exceed 8,000 so I can get it done before the summer. Im in the process of saving for this procedure.

Change Surgeons and Consult Date

Unfortunately Dr. Dejoseph had to reschedule my consultation from FEB. 4th to March 12th. What a bummer. But I been hearing great things about Dr. Chen in Evans, GA. I called yesterday and he was able to get me in for a consultation on Friday. I am so excited because I have a lot of questions that I need answers to before I get this surgery. I’m not hoping for a perfect nose, I just want a smaller version of my nose without losing my ethnic features. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow. I’m also at the halfway mark with my saving for this surgery; it’s so tempting to spend it on something else! Lol

Found Doctor, Scheduled Surgery, AND SO Nervous!!

I been to all my consultations and I have chosen DR. Dejoseph. His consultation was very informative and he really gave me realistic expectations. I have a huge nose and I knew even after rhinoplasty my nose will still bigger than most. He understood that I want a smaller nose but still keep my ethnic features. I’m so excited and nervous at the same time. My mother does not even know I plan on telling her after it’s done. My surgery date is March 29th. I’m just praying this is the right decision but if I do not do it I will regret it. (I will post my before pics soon)

21 days to long

Before ( ugh)

21 days too long

Before pic ????

Undecided

My PS recommend a implant to raise the bridge to give my nose a slimmer look. I totally agree with him but I don't really want a implant. I think it will take away from my ethnic features. Call me crazy but I like my wide,flat nose I just want a smaller version of it.

Post surgery supplies?

What are some post surgery items I may need to smooth the healing process? I'm taking two weeks off of work hope that's enough time.

Big nose && Popping LOL

See how wide it spreads when I smile! Self Love is the best love but there is nothing wrong with enhancing it! Happy Sunday everyone!!

Pre Op

Pre - op went well I had a few more questions for him. We went over exactly what will be done. They gave me my prescriptions, pre&post operation instructions as well as majority of the supplies I will need for recovery. He even gave me a bottle of Arnica pills to start on 3 days before surgery. I’m excited, nervous, and scared but it’s really no turning back now right?

Today was the big day

This is probably the most scariest ordeal I have been through. Especially When your dealing with your face. It's more uncomfortable than painful. I'm ready to see the final results. Continue praying for me ladies!

Cast off

On a scale of 1 - 10 . I'm like a 7.9 satisfied. I think Dr. Dejoseph did a really good job. The swelling in the bridge and tip is so real. Lol It's just a waiting game right now. I will update month to month now. When do I get my smile back???

First Day back to work

Yesterday was my first day back to work after two weeks off. I did a comparison photo to see the difference in my nose. Mind you I wanted my nose to remain the same (i.e. Flat low bridge with tip redefinement) but a smaller version. I am really liking my results so far, Dr.Dejoseph did exactly what I asked for. I am still very swollen can't wait to see the final result! Remember it gets better day by day!

1 month (tomorrow)

Hey everyone!! I still have a lot of swelling, especially in my tip and one side of my nostril. I still tape and use arnica gel. I'm still loving my results; just wish I could fast forward to the final result. I seriously feel so much better about myself and I have Dr. Dejoseph to thank for that! I'm going to see him for a follow up in two weeks! Best wishes to everyone contemplating surgery, waiting for surgery, or recovering!

2 month mark

Hello everyone! So it's been two months and I still love my results. I am still very swollen; things are kinda slow motion right now. So I will update at the the 6 month mark! Here are some comparison photos. PS my nose skin is so shiny I hate it lol but I'm trying products to get the oil out.

A lil over 4 months post

Because a lot of ppl been asking for a update. Slow process but I still love my results
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Dejoseph did an amazing job on my rhinoplasty. He respected my wishes about not getting an implant and still gave me a beautiful result.