26 Year Old with Slight Double Chin. I Am 5'6" 120 Lbs - Atlanta, GA

I have had a double chin all my life. My parents...

I have had a double chin all my life. My parents always told me it would go away when I got older, but here I am 26 years old, and I still have a double chin. I was the captain of my lacrosse team in highschool, all american player, was on the triathlon team in college and placed in my age group quite a few times. I got to the point where I was so angry about my double chin, I stopped all sports and decided to run 2 hours a day and keep my calories under 500 cals/day. This was extremely unhealthy and I almost had to be hospitalized at 109lbs (which is very skinny for 5'6"). But at 109lbs, guess what i still had? A FREAKING DOUBLE CHIN!

At that moment, I decided I couldn't do this anymore, risk my health over something stupid, so when I graduated college, I started learning to cook and joined a gym. I also met my husband who is a profession athlete, and he gave me the confidence to not obsess over my weight. I workout 6 days per week, eat 1700 cals per day, and I am actually more physically fit looking than I was when i was 109lbs (i looked like gumby back then).

My choice to get the chin surgery was not because I was obsessed with weight, but more so because I have gotten to a point in my life with I am in control of my weight and happy.

I just got the surgery yesterday, and so far I haven't seen my results, I still have the bandage on, but the pain is minimal, and the surgery was a breeze!

PreOp Photo/ 1 Day post op photo

Still very swollen, but I cried when I took a sneak peak under the bandage at what i saw.

I cried for happiness. I am only 5 days post and the pics say everything. I can't wait for the swelling to go down and see full results! P.S. I have worn my compression garment 24/7, only taking it off to run into stores quickly, no longer than 5 mins off my head for 5 days...so ladies....PLEASE WEAR COMPRESSION!

More pics

5 days post

1 Week Post Op Pics

Check up with doctor

Just had my second check up and everything is going smoothly. I still have swelling, but virtually no bruising at all. My doctor was very excited about my results and says the contouring is going to increase over time. Can't wait to see the final results! I'll post pictures next week to give the swelling more time to go down.

First night out with makeup after 2 weeks of 24/7 compression garment.

Wear your garment no matter how annoying it is. Wear it as much as possible! My healing is going so quickly.

With makeup

1 month post

The feeling in my neck is finally starting to come back, and I'm seeing skin tightening starting to happen.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Whitaker has been great! She made me feel very comfortable and safe in her hands. She has a lot of experience and knowledge behind facial liposuction, and to me, that is the most important quality when searching for a doctor. Please ladies/men, do you research before you choose a doctor! Not everyone is as skilled as Dr. Whitaker, and a cheaper price should not sway you away from a great doctor, just as expensive pricing doesn't mean the doctor is qualified...look for reviews, board certifications, education, years of experience, etc.