56 Years Old - Removing 26 Year old implants - Atlanta, GA

I am 56 year old. No Kids and Single. I got BA...

I am 56 year old. No Kids and Single. I got BA when I was 29 after a divorce. I didn't spend a lot of time

chemical free cleaners, shampoo, makeup, everything.

more.

56 Years Old - Get Them Out ! - Have Had Implants for 26 Years - Explant on May 24, 2016. Atlanta, GA

I am 56 year old. I got BA when I was 29 after a divorce. I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about it. Kindof a quick decision, but this was before the internet so there was no way to research it. Before BA I was a 34AA. I wanted to be a cute little B cup. I woke up from surgury a full C+. I was in shock. Always thought they were too big, but I got used to them. About 8 yrs. later starting getting wierd symptoms, fatigue, can't sleep, strange pains in my arms and wrists. Was in so much pain, I cried every day.

I went to my PS who did the BA because I wanted them removed. He said they were not ruptured, that he did not recommend removing, so I felt like he just blew me off. I went to the chiropractor for 6 months and he got the pains in my wrist and arms to go away. So I thought I was fine and stopped worrying about the implants.

So fast forward about 3 years ago. My hair started falling out in big clumps. Woke up one day and my eyelashes were completely gone, can't wear mascara, nothing to put it on. I thought it was a reaction to haircolor. Stopped coloring my hair. It grew back healthy and thick, but now all silvery gray. It never occured to me that this sensitivity to hair color could have anything to do with implants. After this, I became allergic to almost everything. Can't drink coffee, wine, any processed food. Switched to organic food, chemical free cleaners, shampoo, makeup, everything.

Started thinking my fake boobs feel heavy and tight. Like a rubber band. Found this website. So glad I did. Now I am obsessed with wanting my little cute small boobies back. I miss wearing tank tops. Have this brain fog feeling all the time. I have my explant surgury scheduled for May 25th, 2016 with Dr. Kolb. Insurance won't cover, so am taking out a loan. I read the book Dr. Kolb wrote and want en bloc removal to make sure all the silicon is out. Recovering my health is my top priority. I am anxious and counting the days. I haven't even met Dr. Kolb yet. My consult and ultrasound is on April 18th. Will post an update when I learn more.

Consultation with Dr Ghazi - Surgery date set for May 24, 2016

I had my consultation with Dr. Ghazi on Thursday, 4/21/2016. I feel very confident with what he recommended, breast implant removal, capsulectomy, mastopexy and lift. So my surgery date is set for May 25th, 2016. I will have a surgical bra with drains. He has had more request lately for implant removals and breast reductions. He said my breast tissue was good and expects a good outcome. I am nervous and excited. The next 4 weeks will go fast I am sure.

Surgery done May 26th

My surgery was yesterday at 7am. I got there at 6:30am. Changed into my gown with hat and white stockings for my legs and feet. PS drew lines on me for the surgery. Then got the IV put in my arm, because they couldn't find a vein in my hand. Walked into the surgery room and laid on the table. Anesthesiology started putting drugs into the IV. Felt woozy for a minute. Next thing I knew I was awake in recovery. No nauseous feeling. I was like Ok I'm ready to go. Put me in wheelchair and down the elevator to the front door to be picked up.

I asked about the implants. They were not ruptured or leaking after 26 years. So I was surprised, but glad. PS said he did a lollipop lift. I have not seen under the bandages yet. I am sore, but its not that bad. Surgery was at 7am. I was home by 11am. I sat outside on the covered back porch all day until it got dark. Kept dozing on and off, but it was so nice outside. Perfect sleeping weather. Took 2 pain pills that first day. They made me sleepy, so I liked it. Then afterwards I feel bloated so would like to get off them. Having a hard time sleeping in the bed propped up. The chair on the porch was more comfortable. I was told I can shower after 24 hours, but not sure about that. I looked under the bra and there are bandages. Can't see anything else under there.

I'm glad its done. Now I just have to be patient and give it time to heal.

Day 1

My explant surgery was yesterday. Took my first shower today. PS called this morning said it was ok to shower . I am all bandaged up. Had en bloc explant with lollipop lift . Not taking pain pills today.

Day 2

I have more energy today. Went on a 2 mile walk this morning. I was walking slow (for me), but still felt good to get some exercise. I had an explant with a lift. My breast are bruised under all the tapes. They feel round and kindof firm. Do you think the firmness is because of the lift or is it just swelling? Just curious if anyone else felt this way.

My follow up is on Tuesday to get the drains out. After the Holiday weekend.

Day 3

My energy was down today. All I did was sleep and watch Netflix. I tried on my old bra - the Patagonia bra from REI. Still fit. I am flat.

Jockey bra with pads

Day 6 - 1st Follow up Appt - Drains Removed

I got my drains removed today. Just slid right out. Easy Peasy. Didn't even feel it. No nubby things on the end.

Also removed the bandages. My first time seeing them without bandages. There is some liquid bandaid type covering. They are still tender and sore. A little bruising, but not so bad. The underneath part where the lift was done is puffy. The top and sides are soft and feel natural. My PS says if will be 6 weeks for them to settle in.

I am happy to be small and natural. Just me.

Day 17 - 2nd Follow Up - Stitches Removed

I had my 2nd Follow Up appt with PS. Had some stitches removed. Healing is going well. No fluid buildup. I had explant removal with lollipop lift. The implant was removed thru the vertical incision for the lift, so I do not have an incision under neath the breast. (I kept looking for the scar, but its not there).

I have dis-solvable stitches covered with surgical glue, so there is no tape covering the stitches. I like this because so many people are allergic to the tape. I probably would be.

I am wearing the Marena surgical bra that the PS put on me after surgery. I am still wearing the surgical bra 24/7. It makes me feel the most secure. If I wear a regular sports bra even for a few hours, the boobs get sore and have strange shooting pains. As soon as I put the surgical bra back on, it all goes away.

I go back for another follow up appt in 2 weeks. After that I can switch to a sports bra and exercise.

What I am wondering is, when does the fluffing appear? Is it after I stop wearing the surgical bra?

4 weeks post op

I have switched to a Coobie sports bra. Healing is going well. Stitches still bother me a little when exercising.

4 weeks post op - more pictures