20 YO Implants CC Baker IV Finally Removed!!!! - Atlanta, GA

I have known for a long time that I needed my...

I have known for a long time that I needed my implants out. I went from a 32AA to ... wait on it - after scar build up and weight gain, two kids later - 30G. My chest was HUGE! I went to see a doctor in my mid thirties about improving the CC, but he wanted to go silicone and make me even bigger. Can you imagine being even bigger???? I decided to leave them alone. I had Mentor Smooth Saline 350 with a 35 overfill.
Fast forward ten years - my right implant deflated to half the size. I went online and tried to find a doctor in my area to simply deflate the left side, but had no luck. I finally found Dr. Elizabeth Morgan and her office became my salvation. She deflated the left side in April. They looked great, both were softer and the same side; then it happened. My right implant completely deflated. I decided to wear a falsey for a few months. I contacted her office again about simply deflating the left completely, but she agreed to remove for a reduced fee. I went in on Friday for the removal under local.

I must say that after reading all the stories I was not super nervous, but discovered my experience to be quite different than others. The injections were the most painful part; I had a strange white cloudy liquid @100ccs in my right capsule. We are not sure what that is. The doctor also found the same white liquid in the left capsule. Waiting to hear from the lab.

I was really quite sore and immediately felt like I had the flu the second day. I had drains placed after surgery and those suckers really hurt!!! I went back on Monday and had the drains removed. The doctor put me on antibiotics thinking I have an infection due to my lack of energy, slight fever, and redness in my breasts.

Six days post op now - still feel under the weather, but working and trying not to take any meds other than the antibiotics. Very sore, BUT SO GLAD I HAD THE IMPLANTS REMOVED!!!!!!

2 Weeks Post Op

Two weeks ago today I said goodbye to my old breasts.

I am not very big and very saggy. My right breast has more shape and tissue than my left breast. My left breast has a large indentation in the upper pole and folds in half when I put it in a bras (I call them Grandma Boobs) They are not pretty, but I feel so much better.

I purged my closet. I discovered some shirts that I loved to wear just don't look the same any more. I found that clothes I never thought of wearing before are my new favorite norm.

My energy is back, the redness is gone, but never received a definitive on the white fluid. They said there was no infection and no cancer, but no idea WHAT it was. Dr thinks it might be saline mixed with calcification. Both my capsule samples came back normal; i had quite a bit of calcification in both implants. The Dr. said she believes the implants caused long term irritation (basically the entire time i had them) and caused the calcification.

My only concern right now are the incisions. My right incision has healed. You can see some red lines from where a few of the stitches were placed, but they are not infected. My left incision looks like Frankenstein. Not sure when the incisions will look normal.

Searching for a swimsuit since I have a vacation scheduled for the end of the month. Had a hard time finding a bra that would hold my little saggy bags; finding a swimsuit proving to be just as difficult!!!

Still wouldn't change a thing!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr Morgan and her staff are fabulous. I highly recommend her!