Time went by really quickly and its finally a year. Got my inner thighs done 2 weeks ago, and my doc did an excellent job. This is the coup de gras to my blog, as I will only be updating my blog one more time until December. Thought I would leave this info for the ladies who are new and are looking for answers.
1. When choosing a surgeon DO YOUR RESEARCH the Dr needs to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon which means he or she is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.You can check this on line at their web site. A plastic surgeon has had rigorous surgical training for a minimum of 6 to 8 years or longer after medical school. This training includes all aspects of surgery and plastic surgery. All surgeons are not created equal. Check the following before you let anyone perform surgery.
Board Certification by American Board of Plastic Surgery (do this online)
Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery (requirements beyond Board Certification)
Go to Health Grades,RateMDs, State board website to make sure that they are legit with no sanctions
Dr's outside of the US are not held to the same standards, Vacation lipo comes with complications
2. After you have found the surgeon ( at least 2 ) go get a consultation from both so that you can see the difference of opinions.
3. Do not choose a Dr because everyone is going to them ( Lipo Mill) or because they are cheaper. If everyone is going there and they are extra busy, that means that you are just a number, they will not have a 1 on 1 relationship with you. This also means that all questions, and concerns will be fielded to their assistants and staff. YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. If they mess you up , its going to be hard to get another to see you because they are usually not comfortable going over someone elses mess up.
4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have realistic expectations, your surgeon is an expert in his field, but not a MIRACLE worker.
5. When getting a BBL be realistic in your wants, Everyone does not need to know that you got work done, the key to surgery is for people to notice you lost weight, but not that you had surgery.
6. If your butt is huge at 30 when you get 60 it will be jiggly and sloppy, huge is not always better. Keep it sexy , but classy.
7. Look at Before and After photos, is there cymetry in the work completed?, are there any dents, lumps or bumps?
8. When you meet the Dr and his staff how do you feel? what is your gut telling you about them? Can you realte to them? Did they answer your questions fully? can you trust them to do the procedure If something happens ( Complication) ? do you feel comfortable that you are in good hands?
Everyones experience is not going to be the same, but please go in with realistic expectations. There are people that have experienced pain, and others have not, depending on what, and how much you get done you may / or may not experience pain. Lipo is an invasive procedure which causes bruising, which in turn causes pain. DO NOT be fooled into thinking that its not gonna hurt. As you heal your skin will start to feel like its tearing away from your bones, if it doesnt you are the exception according to the amount of people who have experienced the same procedure but with pain. AGAIN have realistic expectations, if you have not had surgery do not say that people are complaining because YOU HAVE NOT walked a mile in their shoes. Keep it 100% real about your experience whether it was good or bad. Someone asked what happened to the people who had surgery, and why they do not update any longer. Well there are some people who are busy with life, some who are unhappy with their results, and some who just came for the support through the process. REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. .AGAIN HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS! If you are 230lbs and over please do not expect to me built like someone who is 170 after. It's not realistic, doctors are NOT miracle workers. They are like artist, they can only paint the canvas they are given. Don't ask for a 1500 ccs ass because your butt may only be able to hold 700ccs. ITS NOT THE DOCS FAULT, don't blame him because your booty wouldn't accept all the fat. The measure of a great surgeon is to be a master sculptor of your body and be able to give you a realistic booty that looks like yours. .NATURAL, !Research before you do anything.There will be excessive swelling from head to toe to include the vajayjay, you will feel like you did 5000 crunches, some people do not experience any pain more than likely because they did not get aggressive lipo. When you get aggressive lipo,you will be in pain because they get all the fat. Pictures are not an indication of work! there are a lot of faked pics. if you are having lipo and bbl surgery, ask your doc for real patients to contact. They are the ones who will tell you, real patients who are 6 months or more post-op. Its easy for everyone to post pics on day 2 and everyone falls in love ,wait til they post at month 6 and then decide on that surgeon. Day 1 to month 5 you are still swollen, you wont see true results until 6 months. Get off Dr ZYZ's bandwagon until you see the pics at 6 months, this is a major surgery and should not be rushed. STOP I say STOP with these wish pictures, most of these chicks in your wish pics got BOOTY SHOTS! if you have pics of a video/ model wish pic, they may have had BOOTY SHOTS. Your booty will never look like that, the butt shots are placed in certain areas to accentuate the waist and then they plump up the butt from there. nobody is a 20 waist and a 47 ass. It's unrealistic.. Doctors are not MIRACLE workers. Everybody's shape is different. Lipo, or BBL doesn't change the shape that you were born with, It only enhances it.
2. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH is the key. Doctor Z may be an excellent doctor, and did a great job on you, but he may be slipping, and mess up people after you. He / She is not perfect, but human. I do feel though that if DR. Z did shotty work on someone that he/she needs to rectify the situation instead of ignoring, demeaning, or otherwise defaming said patient.
3. Compression, Great eating habits, and exercise are the keys to keeping your hour glass shape, if you get surgery, and do not wear your garments, eat everything, and do not exercise, the fat will come back. Yes garments are expensive, but its like buying an S500 you take it for service at all intervals in order for it to run at optimal condition. Your body is the same way. You have to avoid Salt, Sugars, eat a lot of veggies, drink plenty of water and exercise. Walk at least 45 minutes a day to get your heart moving, I dont care if you are 120lbs your body needs exercise so that the muscle tone stays after sx. Invest in a faja, Vidette, and squeem, they will be the key to keeping your shape. You will go down in size, but the goal is to reach an XS in your waist after its all said and done. This means that you have to invest in garments to achieve this.
4. Every doctor is going to give different instructions, RS is a good tool but not your doctor.
5. Your shape should be in proportion to the rest of your body, you should not look cartoonish, or fake. Don't get Sx just to get a big booty so that everyone looks at you, get it to make your proportions align.
6. Keep it classy, again keep it classy! After Sx you will be in love all over again with your new body, and the new found attention that you will receive from spouses, family and strangers. Please comsult with a fashion stylist if you cannot figure out what to wear or the appropriateness of it. No cheap, or trashy outfits please keep it classy!
7. You will not be able to fit regular jeans at all. Those True Religion jeans that you spent 100's on will not fit. You have to buy columbian jeans which will fit your waist and hips. Levanta is one of the columbian brands that fits after sx.
Please see below for webasite: Levanta: http://www.colombianjeanslevantacola.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_19
Telegalleria is another site:
8. A lot of the supplies that you purchase for Sx you will not really need, the list seem a bit long and tedious especially if you are traveling for sx. Keep the list to the basics. Garments Faja, Squeem, Vidette ( Your doc will usually give you a garmnet and then a stage 2 garment, Arnica Montana, Arnica Gel, Bromelin, Compression Socks, Chux for leakage, Benadryl clear for itching, Gold Bond in green jar to sooth the itching, Dark clothing or sundresses for day of sx. Pads or thick liners for leakage, Neosporin to put on wounds, clear steri strips for wounds, Mederma for scars. This is really all that you need.
9. Everyone thinks that their doc is the best because he/she did an awesome job on them. Thats totally fine except when people who have had a bad experience get harrassed by past patients, or future patients. Everyones results will not be the same for whatever reason even if it's by the same doc.
10. Surgery makes some people a bit sensative, Peoples blogs are just that, their own pesonal opinions on whatver the subject matter may be at that moment. DO NOT take anything personal you may read on their blog. It's their opinion whether you like it or not. If you take it personal then that means that they have hit a nerve, and your inner conscience is telling you that you may need to take a look at yourself.
Side Note: To the newbies who have not had Sx yet, when visiting peoples blogs, please read the entire blog before you start asking questions that have already been answered. Reading is the key, the blogger 9-10 times has addressed and answered the question. Bloggers get irritated when the same questionis asked over and over, especially if they just got out of sx. Give them time to update after sx before you go in with the questions.
To all the ladies who are 1 day,1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6months and 1 year post, continue to update every once in while so that the new people will know what to expect.
What nobody tells you about sx is that you will be in pain, unless you have a high tolerance.
You will itch like hell because of the meds.
Your cycle may be thrown off for months because of sx
The fat can come back in small pockets, or go to to other areas
Your shape will change every month until it finally setttles at about 4-6 months
It's hard to find clothing to fit your new body
You will experience slashing pains and buring at the lipo'd sites
You will be constipated for the first few days
Your body will get stiff right after sx. You must get up and walk the day of sx as to not get stiff.
Your booty will itch like crazy as it heals
Your body will swell if you take the garment off , and keep it off for more than an hour. Take the garment off to wash and shower only!
Your body will be numb after sx, there will be little to no feeling in the sx areas, It will get better as the weeks go by.
Be and stay HUMBLE, there is no need to brag about your new shape, people will notice.
Give back by sharing your journey with other RS users, its not gonna hurt a bit to share.
Exercise, exercise, exercise, eat healthy, wear your garment for at least 6 months.
My hispanic friends say to wear it for a year which I did, in order to keep my shape..lol
Good luck ladies, I hope my blog helps you
Disclaimer: What I write, and what I feel about things are my own personal thoughts, they are some people that like to stir a pot for no reason. I do not do RS drama, BUT if you come for me I will get out of character, and handle you. Please take dues notice and govern yourselves accordingly.