47 Year Old, 114 Lb Mother of 2, Underwent Sculpsure for Tummy, Flanks and Thighs - Atlanta, GA

I have always been a pretty fit person. As I have...

I have always been a pretty fit person. As I have aged though, and with having kids, I gained some pesky weight on my belly, flanks and on my outer thighs. No matter how much I watched what I ate (low carb), or worked out, I still had some fatty deposits remaining in these trouble areas and I was getting impatient. I started looking into Cool Sculpting and found Sculpsure. Based on doctor reviews on this site, seemed most doctors felt very positively about this new treatment. So I decided to consult a plastic surgeon in the Atlanta area who offered the service, Dr Elizabeth Whittaker. Meeting with her, I felt confident this was the correct choice to remove the fatty deposits on my tummy, flanks and outer thighs. She told me I was the ideal candidate for this procedure due to my body type and BMI. Further, she noted that I might not have enough fatty deposits to suck up properly into the cool sculpting applicator (Note: Dr Whittaker doesn't offer cool sculpting at her practice). She also said that Sculpsure had a very high success rate and that everyone in her office, including herself, had done it and received positive results. I was told that I might need a second treatment on my tummy where I had a bit more fat than else where. Today, after almost 4 months (you have to wait 12 weeks for full results), I went for my post procedure follow up and pictures. I already knew the answer, having looked at myself in the mirror each day since the procedure, but was hoping the pictures would say otherwise. They didn't. Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! Wish I had NEVER wasted $3850 on this procedure! There was NO CHANGE! The technician and I were straining to see any difference in the before and after shots of my tummy, flanks and outer thighs. She kept magnifying the images in the hopes we would see something. After much scrutinizing and zooming in, seemed there was a minuscule difference in the belly, but honestly that I think was just from all the exercising I have been doing over the past 4 months or maybe I happened to have less water weight today then previously, it was that minute! Also, the doctor never even came and spoke to me today or looked at the areas that were treated. I was basically dismissed by the technician saying well the treatment just takes more sessions for some folks, this is why we inform each patient that individual results vary and are not guaranteed. Right, they did have me sign a disclaimer before the procedure so they do not have to refund the money. Seriously, after already throwing $3850 down the toilet, who would spend more?? If I had had that much more to spend I would have chosen liposuction which has guaranteed results, but one of the "pros" doctors sight about Sculpsure is that it costs less than liposuction or even cool sculpting. But it DOESN'T WORK! Stay away from this snake oil and save your money for a real procedure that actually works and you get your money's worth, even if it means some down time and a bit more money. I thought this sounded too good to be true and it was! SNAKE OIL!
Dr. Elizabeth Whittaker

I initially had my consultation with the Doctor. On the actual day of the procedure, the technician positioned the sculpsure paddles on my tummy and outer thighs. The doctor positioned the paddles on my flanks. Overall the procedure was only mildly uncomfortable and during the 2.5 hours I was undergoing it I read for most of it. The office was nice, pleasant and everyone was very friendly. However, due to the fact that I received absolutely nothing of value for $3850 and that this doctor promotes a procedure that doesn't work, I would not recommend or use her for even any other treatment or procedure (she does it all, including facial procedures, both invasive and non-invasive). Also the fact that she didn't even come and see the treated areas during my post-op tells me she was not interested in the results. Why should she be, she got her money and she had already had me sign the disclaimer that she doesn't guarantee results. In any service we receive, if the customer doesn't get what they paid for, something else is at least offered as a token of good faith. Restaurants, hair-salons, hotels, even airlines etc. This was the most expensive fee for a service with absolutely nothing in return. I DO NOT recommend Dr Elizabeth Whittaker.