48 Yr Old Mom, Explanting 24 Yr Old 275cc Sub Peck Saline Implants - Atlanta, GA

If you are considering explanting, pls get...

If you are considering explanting, pls get numerous opinions. There's a few ps who prey on desperate women and who will try and scare you into a quick drastic procedure. Do your research! Don't rush your consults. Beware of the 1 website that will try and scare you into the most drastic explant procedures.
After 24 yrs, my left implant deflated.
I loved my implants but became scared when I started researching what to do about the deflated implant.
Seems there's not a lot of real data regarding best explanting procedures.
I had 3 ps consults. 1 scary one who recommended capsulextomy, lift, drains and lmpth nodes removed. 1 ps recommended only explant with no caps or drains. 1 ps recommend explant with drains.
After a month of confusion, and. I Consulted
with my regular breast doctor, I decided on explant with drains. Maybe a fat transfer down the road.

Explant surgery done 11\23\15

My explant was done 11\23\15 by Dr .ghazi. Dr. Ghazi is amazing and I'm thankful I found him! No capsulectomy, no lift only drains. I have a photo of my 24 yr old implants that were explanted. One PS consultation told me my implants had mold, but the photo I have shows clear saline. I also got additional ultra sounds & mammo by my regular breast doctor and those films also showed no mold. One PS recommended removing lympth nodes, but again a second opinion from my regular breast doctor showed only healthy lympth nodes.
I'm sore, but I only needed pain meds for the first two days. Now I'm onto only Tylenol.
I hope this info helps someone! This website was so helpful to me!

8 days post explant

8 days post feeling good!
I had 275 cc sub peck saline implants removed, they were 24 yr old. Left was deflated for 2 months. No capsulextomy , no lift, I had drains for 1 week, stitches under. I'm sore and returning to work tomorrow . Hopefully when the swelling goes down I will have at least an A cup. I had several aspirations, and tissue removed over the years that was suspect. Original implants were via nipples.