New Nose After Not Being Happy with the First Surgery - Atherton, CA

I had rhinoplasty about three years ago and...

I had rhinoplasty about three years ago and although the Doctor I had initially went to, to have the dorsal hump that bothered me taken down my nose always appeared and felt too long and masculine for my face.
With that said I had a consult with Dr. Mehta and we discussed what could be done and what I wanted my nose to look like. He let me know that he would fix my nose from the previous surgery. He said it looked a little pinched and he would have to widen it to make it even. During the consultation we edited the pictures and he emailed them to me. I had my consult at the beginning of the year but I finally decided on the surgery when I went back in October. This was when I had the pre op and I was given all the information I would need leading up to my surgery date. I was very comfortable with what Dr. Mehta thought about the outcome of my nose and I trusted that he would know how to make my nose more appealing to my face. The day of surgery I had my daughter take me to the surgery center. After I got checked in I met my anesthesiologist who was great and I got to see Dr. Mehta one last time before surgery. Again, he showed me the pictures we agreed on and after that it was off to surgery.

After surgery I was in recovery and ready to go home. Dr. Mehta called me a couple hours after surgery to make sure I was fine after surgery and let me know that I could call if I felt something was wrong or I had any questions. During the week with my cast on I felt very little discomfort just the occasional itch caused by the cast. I was very pleased that I didn’t bruise too much. I was taking my arnica and bromelain as well as drinking pineapple juice so all that might have helped. I did swell but nothing too drastic, which was good. I iced very often throughout the day. I used a glove with crushed ice so the icing would ice my face easily and evenly without disturbing my nose. The week passed and I didn’t have any trouble aside from some headaches probably brought on by the pressure.
I got my cast off about a week later and I am very pleased with my results. I had initially had what I thought was a very straight nose that didn’t have much character and I wanted a slope on the nose that would make it look more feminine. When I saw my new nose I immediately liked what I saw. It was the nose I had initially pictured when I first inquired about getting a rhinoplasty.
Dr. Mehta assured me that although the swelling was going down nicely that I was still swollen and my nose would still take time to heal. With that said I am extremely pleased with my results and what Dr. Mehta was able to do.
P.S. I'll try and upload more pictures
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mehta is a really great surgeon he listens to what you want and is honest with what he can do and what will look best. He is very genuine and I felt very confident having my revision with him.