Has Silicone Implants Removed After Having Them for 7 Years - SOOO Glad I Did! - Athens, GA

I had wanted implants for sometime and in 2005 had...

I had wanted implants for sometime and in 2005 had silicone implants placed (above the muscle). In May of this year I found a lump that turned out to be something with the implant. I was never as happy with the implants as I thought I would be so I opted to have them removed and no replacements (also in May). I immediately felt better over all.

The implants were not ruptured which was a plus. I was concerned I would have a lot of sagging but the surgery went well, little discomfort though the surgical drains were a pain to deal with but, after they were out and a few weeks later I was able to buy a regular bra and am really, really happy I listened to my intuition and surgeon and not have them placed back in.

The downside was I had to pay for the surgery myself but I was able to use CareCredit and that helped. The surgeon I used in located in Athens, Ga, is professional, direct and board certified. If I needed anything else I would definitely return to him. Dr. Gumucio www.themoorecenter.com

For me, everything was seamless and the professionalism of the doctor as well as his staff is what healthcare should always be. I found him by researching board certified surgeons and asking people in my community.