42, MWL, Lower Facelift and Necklift. Taking the Plunge to Become a Harley Honey w/Biltmore Lift!

I had quite a few consults and did not want to...

I had quite a few consults and did not want to travel, but Dr. Harley's work and bedside manner just made me take the plunge. He is the sweetest and most personable doctor and his work speaks for itself. I had 4 consults and he was my choice. I am starting to jowl and get the turkey gobbler. NOPE! I am not going down like that. I have a younger husband and am not ready to head into his midlife crisis with jowls and a turkey gobbler! I love the results of my weight loss, but as my sisters-in-MWL know, you are left with the destruction of a terrible lifestyle. This equates loose skin and premature aging in your face due to rapid volume loss. I have been propping myself in the last 4 years with fillers and the price is getting to the point that it makes more financial long-term sense to invest in a procedure that will last me 5-10 years and won't fade in 6 months to a year. Not to mention that none of them really get rid of jowling or turkey neck. This is a loose skin issue that is going to take tightening SMAS to fix. I have grown more and more aware of gravity's cruelty in the last year or so. The breaking point was a picture taken at an engagement that clearly reflected jowls and neck sagging. I about had a heart attack. As the last year or two has progressed, I don't like who I see in the mirror as much. I do not want to look 25. I just want to get ahead of the curve after my weight loss put me behind it. I am not ready to rock the jowls and turkey neck. I spent nearly two decades of my life being a mother of 5, then working in corporate hades in a high-stress environment. I am ready to reclaim some of these lost years where I was never really too kind to myself. I want to rock my 40's and 50's and becoming a Harley Honey is just another step at redeeming some of what I had lost. So excited and I owe it to many good reviews on here. I WILL be reporting at a year out, 5 years out (God willing) for those women who want that confirmation. I did have the opportunity to see a woman he worked on 5 years-ago and she looks great. I went to a Dolly Parton concert a few months ago and she said to the audience "I am aging gracefully and I have the plastic surgeon bills to prove it." That is how this girl is going to roll, too. Follow the journey with me :)

Booking trip and pre-surgery crash diet.

So I am all over hotwire and priceline. Looks like I can get a round trip for 290 and hotel for about 500 for 7 days. Not bad. I am doing the "Almased" diet. I want to drop 10-15 lbs before I go for max skin looseness. I am also contemplating my eyes. I don't think I totally need it yet, but they are starting to hang more than they used to and might as well handle it now. I am going to keep on this diet and stop eating Lindt chocolate balls. I swear the valentine sale candy is kicking my butt. I am getting so excited. I am really on the fence about driving up vs. flight. Just wondering if I should not put myself through a drive, but by the time you deal with the airport and flight, you are looking at 6 hours vs. 8 hour-drive. I am wondering which hotel is best. Ugh....decisions, decisions.

Seriously considering upper bleph and lower bleph issues. Brow lift? Not so sure which? (EYE PICS and more NECK PICS)

Well, the more all of us Harley Honeys discuss the "should I bleph or should I not?"........The more I want to go for my eyes now while I am investing the money into the trip and the time into the recovery. After all, I don't want to do all this just to have my eyes head south in two years. (or less) I already have seen changes in the lids and some new hanging. It isn't bad, but it wasn't there before and my guess is: It isn't going to get better.What do you think? Here are my eyes...Go for it? I don't know what they do for the hollow darkness that has taken over since my rhino/septoplasty. But I will tell you that it is worse.

Airbnb travelers!

I booked a great room on Airbnb and even had the person offer to take me to the doctor. This will save me so much time and money. They also live 1 mile from the office. For anyone who is on airbnb and looking to book a room the following will not accept patients who need a nurse to drive them back to their room:
Her name is Arlene and she declined my stay due to not being comfortable with a nurse bringing me there. So just a heads up to save any fellow realselfers from booking with her and finding out the hard way. She is a really nice lady and lives 0.1 miles from the office. Right across the street! But she doesn't allow nurses or them to drive you there or be there according to her message and decline to me. I will be sure to review my host and stay and let you know how it goes in case you want to use this resource! I am excited.

Flight booked!!! Thank you to the Harley Honeys who post travel & siteseeing information!

So 290 roundtrip...not bad! I am so excited and with every new detail of the trip being checked off my "To Do" list, the more exhilarated I become! Maud has been posting some great details on shops and hot spots of Asheville. I have resolved to not "overdo" it, but to enjoy Asheville like a fine wine....fully and with slow breaths! I think the biggest thing I am nervous about is my husband not being with me the whole time. He works for the FAA and the towers and pilots need him. So, he won't be with me the whole trip. Kind of a bummer because I wanted to hit the sites with my best friend. Nevertheless, my schoolgirl giddiness hasn't waned a bit. I have been exercising and really supplementing with the bromine. Dropped all of my Retin-A stuff. I have been eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I love my Almased shakes. I have a little bit of IBS and it is truly working wonders for it. I am going to really miss my kiddos. I didn't realize this was Easter weekend when I booked! I am going to compensate by making them huge baskets before I leave and my Mom and Dad are going to plan an adventurous egg hunt. My other big fret is I am not bringing my Chihuahua, Macho Nacho. I am going to miss that little stinker. He sleeps with me every night and has a little bit of separation anxiety. I plan to face time him a bunch. He loves doing that when I take a trip without him. I won't lie, though, the thought of having so much "me" time feels selfish but also FANTASTIC!!!! It is a rarity in my world. I will savor every moment of it.

I got the nurse ready to go!

So, I got the lists from Juanita and made my calls. I will tell you that I am making a different choice than most of the other ladies on here. I have my reasons. I chose Molena's TCOB and really enjoyed my conversation with her. She did not try and assert that I would have to have a nurse for at least 30 hours or push the entire phone call. She was very professional and unassuming. Her rate was much better and I felt immediately comfortable. She has a 4-hour minimum. I will have someone with me, so I don't need 24 hours of nursing care.

Without naming names, another company I contacted seemed very pushy. I don't mind paying for 24-hours if I need it. But I don't like being told that I have to have a medical professional there for 24-hours or can't have the surgery. I don't like having them demanding to speak with my hubs when they figured out that I wasn't "biting" on the "scare" tactics on how complicated, intricate and detailed my healing would be and I would have to have a nurse watching me sleep. If I didn't use them I would bruise, not heal as well and have all sort of complications. No thanks.
I have had 6 cosmetic procedures to include having the middle of my face broken (septoplasty) and I have had drains from 4 places on my body at once and not had this kind of push ever used by a care company. I know how to empty my drains and I know it is not rocket science. Seriously, this agent repeated 5 times, "I don't care if I don't get the business, I just want you to know."
Ok, rant over! lol

Molena? A WHOLE different experience. She was lovely from the start. Heck, I would probably pay for 24-hours just cause I like her.
In the least, I am thinking about 10 hours and maybe take me the next morning to the appointment, but mostly because she really enjoys seeing the reveal so much. She told me that was her favorite part. (See, that is a good lady!) She was so kind and down-to-earth. I am happy and feel really positive. Please give Molena a call. I think you will really like her.

One more thing checked off the list! Now for the list of things to buy. Wedge pillows and ice masks...here I come!

The "affair" of the stitches

So to all of the ladies that are endeavoring a Biltmore Lift, you must have thought of your stitches and their removal. I found out straightaway from Juanita that the stitches can only come out after 7 whole days after the surgery. I had already booked my flight earlier than I could be seen on that day, so I was at a bit of an impasse.
Some of my Harley Honey family will want to leave earlier by car and will find themselves in the same deadlock. Not to worry! You can have your physician at home do the job. I have my ENT removing the stitches and already have my appointment set for the 8th day.
He also did my rhinoplasty/septoplasty, so I am in wonderfully skilled hands.
If you have a nurse in the family, you can have the same arrangement. I was afraid to remove them from my eyes, quite frankly. I have removed stitches myself from other surgeries, it isn't complicated, but in a situation of the face and eyes....it seems a bit more perilous.

So, one more thing off my "to-do" list and one less worry on the affair of the stitches.

Ice Mask (I would highly suggest this as a purchase)

I got a shipment from amazon today.

Arnica pills and cream-check.
TheraPearl cooling face mask with strap-check....

Oh, and a picture of my DH. Isn't he handsome?

Pillow System.....because we can't lay flat!

Ok, I scored big time. I got the Avana Kind 4-pillow system for 132 bucks on Ebay. New, just no box. Southersister reviewed this and said it was a Godsend. So, I am excited to get this baby here and vacuum packed into a very big bag. It has great reviews and is normally sold at Brookstone for around 189, so I as glad to score it a little cheaper. I will let you all know how it works out with recovery and if it was worth it, IMO. If I do get my eyes done, someone was saying something about arnica eye drops? I am just curious if anyone else has tried these out? I am less than a month out and FREAKING!!! More and more Harley Honeys that I began posting with are out of surgery or just in and it is more than thrilling to see all of your posts, reviews and feedback. We are truly one big, gorgeous family!
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had my phone consult and he is very personable and kind. I took the plunge and put down my deposit and am scheduled for April 13, 2017. Just to tell everyone: Juanita is an angel. It is wonderful to have a kind and attentive doctor who is talented along the bedside manner being stellar. To have an angel on your staff to go along with it? AMAZING! You understand immediately that they are down-to-earth, professional and have your back. I am so excited.