Invisalign for Severe Crowding, 19 Years Old.

Very excited to begin my Invisalign treatment. My...

Very excited to begin my Invisalign treatment. My estimated completion time is around 18-22 months. I plan to undergo the Propel Treatment sometime later in the year to shorten my treatment time by 40%-70%. Was quoted about $840 for the Propel treatment and the Vpro5 device. I can't wait for results to be seen, it's day three and I can already feel a difference!

One Week In

Just wanted to update for anyone considering Invisalign, but unsure how to adapt. At first, there might be sight pain, depending on your tolerance. I have a low pain tolerance, but was able to handle the pain of a new tray (and a new experience!). My teeth do feel slightly wiggly and my teeth do hurt still, but only slightly. The worst pain in definitely encountered on the first day. You may be worried about how you will be able to chew with teeth that hurt, but I assure you, after waiting for hours without being able to snack you'll want to eat even if it hurts! My teeth fit into the aligners better than they did the first few days. Hygiene has been a concern as I am a bit of a hypochondriac. When I get up, I put my aligners in with some retainer cleaner and then shower and brush my teeth. The aligners are clean and ready to go after that, and I have not experienced anything negative with the aligner cleaner (some people say you shouldn't use it). I find that if I'm out, instead of brushing my teeth every single time I eat, I floss and chew gum after rinsing with water. It keeps my mouth as clean as with brushing for the most part until I'm able to get home. I am keeping my aligners in for around 23 hours a day. They really become a part of you after awhile. If the plastic bothers you, and you psych yourself out about it easily, I recommend drinking some water to combat the slight dry mouth that accompanies the anxiety. I will be updating again once I change trays in a week, and once after my ortho appointment on the 27th.

Second Tray

Changed my tray on Thursday (it's now Saturday), didn't experience any pain. It felt tighter, but the teeth don't feel as loose as they did when I take the tray off and nothing hurts. The old trays did end up getting stained, but since I don't have sheet white teeth to begin with, it wasn't detectable when the old trays were on. I'm including a photo even though there isn't any detectable movement.
Dr. Elvi Barcoma

Very pleased with the office and staff. They were all so incredibly friendly, I didn't feel like I was at the orthodontist. I know my case is complex but I wasn't turned down or made to feel bad about it like I have been at other offices. Very excited to begin seeing results!