Internal Bleaching of 2 Front Teeth - Arlington, VA

SITUATION: About two years ago, I was hit by a car...

SITUATION: About two years ago, I was hit by a car while riding my bicycle. I landed on my mouth & chin, thus fracturing my four front teeth and misaligning my jaw. So far I have had at least 2 root canals done, and one of my front teeth which were root canaled turned black. The one next to it (the left one of the middle two front teeth) is also miscolored but not as dark.

I was never really bothered by my dark teeth. I know I have good dental hygiene so I wasn't really self conscious at all. My dentist who is doing the reconstructive work recommended internal bleaching because of how dark my tooth had gotten. I wasnt high on my priority list but friends pointed out how bad my teeth had changed from before the accident, so I went ahead with the bleaching.

DAY TWO : It has turned out not bad at all. My dentist recommended both teeth (#9 and #10) get internal bleaching. I really didn't notice #10 as being too dark but I trust my dentist and went along w it (she didn't pressure me into it which was good). I visited a friend immediately after the procedure two days ago, and he noticed my tooth #10 had gotten remarkably lightened in color and was amazed at how quickly it started to work. It still has darkness right at the gumline though. I haven't noticed much of a difference between day one and day two, and I don't notice any difference w tooth #9.

OVERALL : Internal bleaching seems to do the trick if you have any blackened spots in teeth due to tooth trauma/death. Knowing what I know now, I would not have spent the extra money on tooth #9 because it wasn't very discolored in the first place. Each tooth cost $375 for the internal bleaching. The high cost is due to being in Washington DC. I would have preferred it to have cost much less, but I went w my dentist because she has performed great work over the near decade that I have been seeing her as a patient while I did have insurance (oh this procedure is not covered under insurance anyway though as it is considered purely cosmetic). The procedure itself took about 15minutes or less. No anesthetic needed. No pain.

COMPLICATIONS: None except that the temporary fillings in the back of my two teeth fell out not once, but twice. (On day one - as soon as I put an item of food in my mouth. On day two, once I drank water.) It does get me a little nervous, the idea of food getting into the holes of the two teeth, but I go in for a follow up on day four (soon) and we'll see how it goes.

Update #1 Pics Upload

I wasn't sure how to upload the pics in my initial post & label them at the same time. Hopefully this works.

Update #2

FYI, I am undergoing Invisalign treatment so that is why you see the buttons on my teeth in the pics.
Arlington Dentist

Compassionate and knowledgeable dentist. I trust her work. The office is bright, modern, large, and very nice. I appreciate that she has stayed in the same practice for several years so that I don't have to switch dentist to dentist. She seems very enthusiastic about being a dentist and very happy at her job, always pleasant to see her patients. Aftercare is always prompt and thorough. They have been accommodating with no interest payment plans for my procedures. One con - her practice is one of the most expensive practices in the DC area.