Total Regret After my Latest Tattoo - Arlington, VA

This being my 4th tattoo, I wasn't thinking I...

This being my 4th tattoo, I wasn't thinking I would have such dislike for it. To be honest after each of my tattoos I love them immediately, but then a few days later have a bit of a freak out. This weird feeling of something being on you that wont come off.

Normally I spend months and months researching figure out what I want... and making sure this is something I can live with for the rest of my life. This was my first mistake. I had just recently gotten a beautiful pastel moth place strategically so that it shows only barely on the inside of my elbow. I loved it, like really loved it! I was drunk on tattoo juices! I wanted another immediately :p So exactly two months later I got my last tattoo. I love ferns and thought this is totally me. My tattoo artist followed my direction, but did make it a lot darker than I had asked for, but I figured the shading would fade. Then came the few days after. This time I freaked out more than ever!!! Why on earth would I put something so big and dark and sooo visible on myself.

After a week of being totally depressed, I decided I would go and get a consultation to maybe lighten it up. I went to several different locations and obviously no one would touch me until It had healed for at least a month.

After talking to a really nice and knowledgeable doctor I decided I just want to start fresh and get it completely removed. We scheduled my first session for the 6 week mark since from the initial tattooed date.

I went in on Sept first super nervous, but ready to get the ball rolling. The Doc was super nice and calmed my nerves. I have a very high pain tolerance and didn't use anything to numb the area. The session only lasted maybe 3 minutes. Yes it hurt, but not the worst pain I have ever experienced. I had minor blistering and swelling that lasted for about 3 days.

Since then, I have had two more session, all spaced 6 weeks apart. The second session didn't hurt much and for some reason I didn't get any blisters or too much swelling. I did notice he didn't increase the power this session, but the third he did bump it up. This by far was the most painful of them all. I bruised immediately and developer blisters within hours. I wasn't really able to use my hand much for about 2 days. The swelling and pain were excruciating.

Tomorrow I go in for my 4th session, which I am not excited about at all :P I'm hoping this session produces some mind blowing results. LOL. I'm not a super patient person, but with the result I have I am more optimistic, and am super happy it isn't jet black anymore.

I'll post some more pics, after tomorrows session... well depending on if I can use my had ;)

feeling insecure about my tattoo again

Its been 3 weeks since my 4th session. Ive felt a little down as of lately :/ I hate seeing my arm, and to be honest with it being winter and all I haven't had it distracting me. I guess I figured with my diligence I would be further along by now. My goal is to be 90% before June, that way I dont have to be insecure during the summer months. I feel so alone about all of it... just one of those weeks.
Advanced Laser tattoo removal