Total Regret After my Latest Tattoo - Arlington, VA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This being my 4th tattoo, I wasn't thinking I...

This being my 4th tattoo, I wasn't thinking I would have such dislike for it. To be honest after each of my tattoos I love them immediately, but then a few days later have a bit of a freak out. This weird feeling of something being on you that wont come off.

Normally I spend months and months researching figure out what I want... and making sure this is something I can live with for the rest of my life. This was my first mistake. I had just recently gotten a beautiful pastel moth place strategically so that it shows only barely on the inside of my elbow. I loved it, like really loved it! I was drunk on tattoo juices! I wanted another immediately :p So exactly two months later I got my last tattoo. I love ferns and thought this is totally me. My tattoo artist followed my direction, but did make it a lot darker than I had asked for, but I figured the shading would fade. Then came the few days after. This time I freaked out more than ever!!! Why on earth would I put something so big and dark and sooo visible on myself.

After a week of being totally depressed, I decided I would go and get a consultation to maybe lighten it up. I went to several different locations and obviously no one would touch me until It had healed for at least a month.

After talking to a really nice and knowledgeable doctor I decided I just want to start fresh and get it completely removed. We scheduled my first session for the 6 week mark since from the initial tattooed date.

I went in on Sept first super nervous, but ready to get the ball rolling. The Doc was super nice and calmed my nerves. I have a very high pain tolerance and didn't use anything to numb the area. The session only lasted maybe 3 minutes. Yes it hurt, but not the worst pain I have ever experienced. I had minor blistering and swelling that lasted for about 3 days.

Since then, I have had two more session, all spaced 6 weeks apart. The second session didn't hurt much and for some reason I didn't get any blisters or too much swelling. I did notice he didn't increase the power this session, but the third he did bump it up. This by far was the most painful of them all. I bruised immediately and developer blisters within hours. I wasn't really able to use my hand much for about 2 days. The swelling and pain were excruciating.

Tomorrow I go in for my 4th session, which I am not excited about at all :P I'm hoping this session produces some mind blowing results. LOL. I'm not a super patient person, but with the result I have I am more optimistic, and am super happy it isn't jet black anymore.

I'll post some more pics, after tomorrows session... well depending on if I can use my had ;)

feeling insecure about my tattoo again

Its been 3 weeks since my 4th session. Ive felt a little down as of lately :/ I hate seeing my arm, and to be honest with it being winter and all I haven't had it distracting me. I guess I figured with my diligence I would be further along by now. My goal is to be 90% before June, that way I dont have to be insecure during the summer months. I feel so alone about all of it... just one of those weeks.

A long patient road

It's been a really long time since posted an update. I have come to term and no longer feel super insecure showing my forearm! I have had 11 treatments, and my tech said I'm his most stubborn tattoo, which is super discouraging, but I'm past all that. I'm have been super diligent about staying on schedule and trying everything to kick up my immune systems. I'm hoping that I will have a total removal by my 17th treatment. That's my lucky number ;)
Advanced Laser tattoo removal