IPL on Face and Back - Arlington, VA

I had IPL done on my face and back, October 7 was...

I had IPL done on my face and back, October 7 was the 2nd session for my face and 1st for a line of sun damage across my back at the bra line ( from a bad sunburn, despite sunscreen a few years ago. The tech used a more gentle setting on my face than on my back. I when to a med spa and the owner did the procedure - I've been going to her for several years for facials and hair removal and trust her -- I would never buy a groupon for a procedure like this. So much counts on the skill of the practitioner.
I asked my derm who I also trust, but who is very expensive ($400-$500 a session) . A doctor at another med spa near my office recommended Fraxel and my derm stated he was only trying to take my money and told me I'm too young for that procedure and there is not enough damage for C02 lasers or Fraxel + the down time is much greater. I think it is very important to see a doctor who does medical and cosmetic treatments because they are less likely to push you into procedures you do not need. The owner at the med spa I am being treated was also strongly against me being treated with Fraxel.
Sheila at Georgetown Georgetown Rejuvenation

Shelia is great - she is gifted with the modalities she uses and treats me like family. She's never pushed products I don't need on me and told me I would need the same amount of sessions on my back as my derm did, who I deeply trust. Do your homework folks - unfortunately some medical professionals aren't professional when it comes to treating folks for cosmetic procedures.