My Invisalign Journey - Arlington Heights, IL

I'm a mother, nearly 20 years old, a college...

I'm a mother, nearly 20 years old, a college student, a wife, and an employee... So I'm a bit past the age for metal braces in my mind. So, I was thrilled when I found out my insurance would cover all but 1800 of Invisalign.

I've always been self conscious of my teeth and frequently cover my mouth when I smile or laugh...it's very crippling to not be comfortable with your own smile and it definitely limits happiness a bit.

So, I got my impressions and 9 weeks later I've received my trays. I've got to say, I am beyond excited to start my journey to straight teeth and I am beyong excited to share it with anyone it'll help!

I've got a crowding issue in my front upper and lower teeth. To me it's severe, but to others it may not be. I need 44 trays for both upper and lower teeth that I'll be wearing for 1 week each. So, my treatment is going to take approximately 1 year. I've been wearing my first aligners for about 4 hours now and I have a slight lisp...which I hate!... But I don't talk too much as it is. Hopefully that'll go away as I get used to the trays.

I got quite a few attachments, but most of them are on back teeth (praise the lord).
I'll post some pictures with the aligners in.

32 of 44

I'm just posting some updated photos. I just switched to trays 32 of 44 (new trays weekly) and I'm loving my progress.

Refinements

Currently on 1 of 17 refinements.
Skokie Orthodontist

So far I like this office ... Except they never return my calls and seemed annoyed that I wanted my trays after I hadn't heard anything for 9 weeks.