Thought I Was in Good Hands - Ardmore, PA

My vaginoplasty with Dr Rumer has one positive...

My vaginoplasty with Dr Rumer has one positive result. I do not have male anatomy that I hate anymore. Otherwise function wise I have way too much erectile tissue left and my urine stream is inconsistent in direction. My clitorus is flat and way too high of a position and my labia are quite asymmetrical.

I should have known something was up when there were no photos on her site but she showed some in the consult that seemed good asthetically. She seemed very confident and capable and aftercare at her facility was very good.

About three months after surgery when healing started to settle to what it's supposed to look like I brought up concerns with the doctor and she brushed them off and said that my results were normal for me and my body. She told me if she tried to remove the excess tissue I may be incontinent. This was a scare tactic and shifting the blame.

I chose Dr Rumer because she was a lot closer than my first choice and didn't have a two year wait. I wish I had waited two years because now I'm waiting another six months to go to that first choice surgeon to fix what was done. I will say this, at least she didn't take too much tissue and leave not enough skin for a revision is she was gonna do this sloppy of a job. I know it's a difficult surgery, thank god I had no major complications health wise. But to have a major issue both cosmetically and functionally and then to be told it's normal by my surgeon is just unacceptable. She should have represented her skills more accurately.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon