Face | Neck | Fat | Lips - Melbourne, AU

It's been an eight year thought process! Mulling...

It's been an eight year thought process! Mulling over the decision.....this is my face.....I don't want to change it, I don't want to look like I've had a facelift! Too and fro-ing like some lunatic. As commonly experienced by those who decide to do plastic surgery, my 'straw-poll' said "noooo! but do what you feel you need to do, I support you" thanks hon, insert pout face. Avoiding cameras has always been my hobby, so when you get snapped unexpectedly and don't recognise the old lady with your family, it's time.
As a young woman I had thought by 50 I would possibly have had a face lift, waiting till just before my 60th to fling myself through this.
Mid face lift
Neck lift
Fat transfer to face and lips
Lift lift
Medial lip lift
If I can stand it, I will post some before and afters from the PS soon ????
ps I still avoid cameras lolol

Level of difficulty? 9.5

RealSelf is super for pouring over the details of those-who-go-before-you, but nothing can prepare you for the shock of the swollen numb foreigner in your reflection. There were no complications (talented surgeon, great care) but one side of my whole head was numb and is still partially 5 months down the recovery track. Fat transfer creates some major swelling early on that it appears is not quite the same for facelift only patients. And my lips were Tontines but my partner and I had secured Prince tickets so 9 days out I was at a concert! I did look odd, but am so grateful to have seen him live here in Melbourne. We know what happened next :(
I believe I underestimated the recovery and I am delighted I was able to follow another of Howard's FL patients her on RS so I knew it would be an almost 9mnth journey.
Most people haven't really noticed my changed face and I finally feel I look like myself again (5mnths people!) enjoying wearing makeup and not hiding my neck.
(Promise to attach photos next week)

Level of care 11/10

A quick mention of the high level of care through ARC, the whole team of staff who conduct the many follow up appointments are fantastic. Allaying concerns and supporting the healing processes in a consistently thoughtful and caring way. Bunch of champions.

7th day selfie

face lift partial side

Before and after

Before, on the day of surgery and approximately 6 weeks after. The swelling is still obvious in the latter, I will need to sharpen my selfie skills to upload some current shots!!

Last update

I'm not fond of the fish eye photo effect of my phone! But this is for @timetoresearch......
I might add finally: the fat injections and medial lip lift was perhaps not quite what I anticipated and the result not as pretty as I hoped; whilst the scars are very fine and nicely healed my ears seem larger and showing their age so I still don't wear my hair up often.
Thank you Real Self for being available to all those researching.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mr Howard Webster is a talented surgeon who listens to everything a patient has to say. Surgery with him, although understandably not to be taken lightly, feels relaxed, considered, thorough and all parts performed with care and attention to detail. The Linley Clinic where the surgery was performed is just lovely with staff to match. Plastic surgery and the healing from it is a serious experience and I can't imagine going through it either overseas or with lesser professionals! To the team at Arc: multitudinous thank you's, you know who you are!