Ciao, Belly! - Ann Arbor, MI

I am a 38 year old mom of two beautiful boys. They...

I am a 38 year old mom of two beautiful boys. They were each well over 9 pounds! I've always wanted a TT with muscle repair after we were finished having children. It's now becoming a reality! I am scheduled for June 2 with Dr. Malhotra here in Ann Arbor, MI. I am excited but nervous. This site has been a great resource. I am a little worried by a few mediocre reviews of my surgeon, but most of these women had multiple procedures done at once. All women who just had a TT were pleased/thrilled by their results. I am not expecting a miracle, the prebaby body is never coming back, but I want to feel good about myself again!

Definitely made the right choice!

Today my son's kindergarten teacher asked me if I was "expecting." So glad to know my TT is coming up and hopefully awkward moments like this will be a thing of the past! I worked through some initial doubts after I booked my surgery but feel more certain than ever that this is what I want to do.

One week left to go!

I can hardly believe that a week from now I'll be saying bye bye to my belly! I'm excited and nervous. Mostly worried about my kids while I'm recovering, my 3 year old has special needs and still wakes up at night! Thankfully we have family coming to help out for 2 weeks, so between my husband and them they should be able to handle it. ????

I've looked at the recommended supply lists and they were so helpful in deciding what it important and what's not. I think I have everything ready. I picked up my meds and some wedge cushions for sleeping. I'm sleeping in my bed, because I like to be with my man at night! Even if I'm out of it, just knowing he's there is comforting!
So ready to do this!

I made it!

I did it! I was more nervous yesterday than this morning. Things went really smoothly today. The staff at the Allegiance surgery center took good care of me. A they were so nice! My nurse had Dr. Malhotra do her nose job, and he even did a procedure for the the anesthesiologist's wife! So that was a good endorsement. Later this afternoon he called to check on me. A nice touch!

We decided to do a very small vertical incision, to help me get as flat as possible. So the whole thing looks like an upside down T. A bonus is it allows for a very low, shorter scar. Dr. Malthotra said if we need to he can do scar revision in the clinic 9 in months or so, but that it likely won't be necessary.

I'm in a bit of pain, but able to walk to the bathroom on my own. Mostly just bored! I have one drain which my husband is emptying for me. He's been a trooper. ????

I can't wait to see how everything turns out! This has been a really great experience. Everyone at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery was so friendly and professional.
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

My consultation was thorough and I was repeatedly asked if I understood and had any questions. In fact, he answered most of them before I even had a chance to ask. The office staff is great, very professional and make you feel comfortable. I am very confident in Dr. Malhotra. He customized the procedure for my body type and to meet my goals.