Postponed Twice, Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift - Significant Bloating Still in Week 3! - Ann Arbor, MI

I was so consumed with worry about the pain that I...

I was so consumed with worry about the pain that I was unprepared! I did not have nearly the pain I'd imagined after scouring posts, thank God! I had discomfort like you might experience from a very tough workout but very manageable with pain meds. I was however totally unprepared for the fact that afar working out for three years and being in the best shape of my life (from size 18 - 20 to a size 4 -6 ) that I'd end up much larger than my preop size.

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op - kept my diet clean - and could not even begin to get into my skinny jeans. I read about swell hell and assumed I would have bloating in my abdominal region. NOT! I am at least 2 sizes larger! My thighs are still so swollen as is my abdomen and waist! I'm not concerned yet because I have the most talented surgeon - my curves are phenomenal - and once the swelling subsides I think I will be the happiest girl on the planet.

I never thought this would be so emotional but your mind can get the best of you when you can't do anything else!

I'm so excited about the curves I can see - my breast lift without implants look phenomenal! Can't wait till the swelling subsides and I can fully appreciate my new figure!

Bottom line, I was so focused on the pain - which was not bad and totally unprepared for being larger than my preop size and all the emotions and patience that it takes to get through the recovery. Hope this helps someone else be better prepared and focused!
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon