FUE in Ankara, Turkey - Extremely Satisfied - Ankara, TR

Writing this from my hotel room, a few hours...

Writing this from my hotel room, a few hours post-op. Arrived in Ankara on Monday. Impressed by the professionalism of the staff, from the patient coordinator whose mother tongue is English, to the assistants. Hotel a 4 mn walk to the clinic. Pre op consultation was clear and everything explained in detail. Dr Civas takes the time to explain and make you feel at ease. The next day, surgery. They take only one patient per day. 3 nurses help Dr Civas, who have been working with him for over 10 years. Surgery room very clean, state of the art. Dr Civas draws the hairline and injects anaesthetics, an almost painless process though you can feel a small something. Slightly uncomfortable for a second and the all is good. I cannot tell much about the surgery itslef as I slept almost all the time! Only thing I know is Dr Civas does make all the incisions himslef, and starts getting the grafts before handing over to the nurses who work in a very efficient manner. Which is why I fell asleep... Everyone is so kind, you feel that you are not just a number. At noon I had a quick lunch and they started inserting the grafts. And then it was over in 8 hours. They gave me a cap, all the medications I need and ordered a taxi for me - because they say after the surgery it is preferable even for such a short walk! An assistant even accompanied me. Soon a complimentary dinner will be served in the room. No pain for now, just a bit tired. Amazing results ftom what I see. I am really glad I went for Civas Clinic, there are cheaper alternatives in Turkey but dr Civas is the only ISHRS fellow and a member of the American Board of hair restoration surgery. I cannot speak highly enough of him. Will post pictures to report progress. Appointment tomorrow to remove the bandage. Am really stoked.

Almost a week

6 days post surgery. I had quite a bit of swelling on the 3Rd day. No pain. A bit itchy.

10 days

Scabs falling off easily. Dr Civas recommended to moisten the scalp with olive oil which has good properties for the skin but I had some aloe vera cream and used that, applying a thick layer one hour before showering.

About 2 weeks

Two weeks ago I had my pre-op appointment with Dr Civas.
Here are 3 pics of the current status. 99% of scabs are gone. There is some redness. The donor area can be itchy at times, or more like a sudden pain, 1 on a scale from 1 to 10, lasting no more than 2 seconds. This happens perhaps 5-6 times a day. The grafted area is pretty much insensitive particularly near the forehead. On the pictures, I notice a difference with low-cost clinics pictures: where others have a pattern in the grafts (a sort of Z) which makes me think of a field of rice or similar, my grafts seem completely random and thus more natural. I am not sure if it can be noticed when you have long hair but I like to have short haircuts so I prefer it this way. I think it is also the difference when you get a team of specialists who know what they are doing and have been doing it for years, as opposed to nurses who just started in this and have little interest in the effective results, knowing that the patient is coming only because of the low price. So really happy that I chose Dr Civas and his team. On a side note, I moisten my scalp at night with skin moisturizing cream (Clinic brand) which helps the scabs detach during the morning shower. Today back in the gym!

4 months

I like to keep my hair short. I went several times to the hairdresser, she knows what I went through;) She told me that Dr Civas did an extremely good job, as she's used to see FUE guys she told me that usually it looks like "corn fields", exactly what she said. Corn crops.... Haha.
The past 3 months have been ok. Initially I was wearing the cap I got from the clinic as it was too obvious that there was something with my hair. Now, I walk bare head and nobody seems to notice.
Someone told me one month ago "did you have hair surgery?" but that's a girl who knew someone who had FUE so she's clearly well informed. But my new GF (of last week) who is 34 yo did not notice anything -or she is too polite to mention anything. I have a friend who knows about my surgery and he told me that it looks very nice. Attaching some pictures, but due to poor camera and lighting it does not look as good as in real life. Overall really happy. I did not shed all my hair, so what you see is most likely the remaining hair, plus some new hair, the rest is just starting to grow. I read on Qora that "the range of growth possibilities is somewhere between 2-8 months" so I'm halfway. Looks good, when it's raining I don't feel the rain over my scalp (i HATED the feeling). So really happy. I can only confirm what I wrote initially about Dr Civas. I would go again without hesitation, glad I chose him, I read after the surgery many horror stories about unnatural look/por results in cheap clinics, including some ppl starting to lose hair 2/3 years after surgery. I'm not there yet, but from what I read this is due to poor transplantation. So I suppose I'll come back to update this in 2 years from now :)
Turkey Hair Restoration Surgeon

Amazing. Kind, smart, really preoccupied by the well being of his patients. And he knows the ins and outs of hair transplant. Highly recommended.