33 Year Old. Breast Reduction - Anderson, SC

I decided to have a breast reduction due to back,...

I decided to have a breast reduction due to back, neck, and my left breast being much larger than my right breast. The day of the surgery I had to be there at 6:30am. Two people were allowed to come back to the room with me. My nurse came came in to take my vital signs, give me a gown to change into, and a pair of compression stockings to put on. She gave me medication for pain, indigestion, nerves, and inserted my IV then hooked me up to fluids. I answered questions and she explained what would happen before and after surgery. Then my anesthesiologist came in and explained everything to me and also told me that the medicine he had instructed the nurse to give to me was also to help have a recover better in the recovery room. The nurse anesthetist came in and asked me the same questions that the anesthesiologist. Next, the surgeon came in and asked me if i was sure of my decision and then began her markings. The nurse anesthetist and surgery nurse came in gave me medication through my IV and transported me to surgery where I breathe in medication through a mask to put me to sleep. The surgery lasted between 2 to 3 hours. I was in recovery for about a hour, and back to my room for 30 minutes during that time the nurse came in and inspected my breast, thankfully I didn't have any drains for them to check. I was then I was given my discharge instructions. I was sent home with bandages that would last a week to dress my surgical wounds, a prescription for pain and nausea, an extra surgical front opening bra, and instructions. I would have to wear the surgical bra for the next few weeks all day and night. Once I was home, I was sleeping off and on due to the anesthesia. I am now a little over a week post surgery and I feel great. I have little or no pain. The feeling is starting to come back in my breast. I do have sharp pains here and there but I am told that is normal, as well as, the itching. The only con I have had about this surgery is that I have to sleep on my back. It is easier for me to sleep on the couch or in a recliner with pillows on each side of me. Overall, I am glad that I had the surgery. I feel better already. My shirts fitting better is just a bonus.

Photo added

This picture was taken 1 week post surgery.
Anderson Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Moody was great and very helpful from my consultation to the day of my surgery. She made sure that I was sure of my decision. I had to watch two videos the day of my consultation, complete a questionnaire, and she informed me of all the pros, cons, and alternatives. She then again on pre-op day went over everything again to be sure that I was well informed. I was more that well prepared going into surgery. I was at ease because of her caring attitude and professionalism. She is great at her profession and I would and have and recommend her.