Flat tummy journey, 37 y.o -no more babies, it's finally time!! - Anchorage, AK

I will update as time goes by, since my...

I will update as time goes by, since my abdominoplasty was completed by Dr. Cole today. It has been good up to this point with minimal pain, but I've opted to take my medications regularly to avoid it. The absolute worst pain was in recovery. My handy, dandy drains have functioned well, with mostly filling on the right side, as the left has had only a scant amount of drainage.
I have a great support from my husband emptying my drains, getting me snacks, taking care of our two-year-old and helping me to the bathroom. My experience thus far has been honestly pretty good. My doctor is fantastic telling me exactly what to expect. Friday is my first post appt. will update then.

Day 2 Post Op

Today has also been good so far. I am not hurting unless I move to use the bathroom or walking around. I'm in my reclined just bored so hoping my book comes in today for something to read. My drains have not bothered me and are draining about 30cc on the right side every few hours. The left side has only a small amount of 5 or 10. Still pleased with my doctor who has called my phone and my husbands to checkup on me, but I was sleeping. I'll update this afternoon and maybe take a picture if feeling up to it. Yesterday, I overdid it a little post surgery may be just a rest day for me.

Day 3 post op

Ugh.. my belly is still looking crazy swollen, when I took a peak today. I know this is normal but can't watch until my true results start to shine through and for my drains to go. I've been living in pajamas on my comfy couch. I'm anxious to get out of the house for my first post op appointment tomorrow. I have a small, what looks to be fat roll above my incision, but I'm hoping it's swelling. It feels kinda squishy if that makes sense. Cutting way down on my narcotics and hoping to not need them soon. I'm eating clean foods such as Salad, fruits and cereal, but I still wish my hunger would go away lol. At least I've given up soda and drink lots of water now. Any ideas or tips on foods that won't cause more swelling? Have a great night everyone.

First after surgery pic

Great experience so far. 3rd day Post-Op and everything is going super smooth. Keeping up on meds for comfort, great support from my husband to help me so much and take care of our little one and no problems with constipation... not yet that is. I've been good with cereal with skim milk, fruit, yogurt, jello and salad. I've also given up soda, which I believe helps the healing process. Dr tmrw and hopefully a real shower very soon!! Here is a small pic but can't see everything with all the gauze on me.

Sprung a leak

Today is the worst day for me but hoping it will look better. My right drain is leaking and was told by doctor probably just needs stripped really well and could be a possible clot blocking blood from draining in the tube. Home alone today and feeling a little sad trying to fix it by myself, but it's all right. Maybe I'll just sleep my day away.

Here is a pic from yesterday when up

Still looking very swollen. I know it is super early though. I've been keeping my binder on 24/7 and can't wait until it can come off for a few hours.
Dr. Jane Cole

So far so good!! Dr. Cole I'd a very honest physician that answers all my questions and makes me feel comfortable. She seems a little rushed at times but exceeded my expectations, by simply not sugarcoating the procedure and providing realistic expectations.