picosure 3 tattoos ankle and back black ink - Anchorage, AK

I had a hard time finding reviews that related to...

I had a hard time finding reviews that related to my situation so I wanted to post my progress on here. I just had my first PicoSure laser treatment on 7/28/16.

Owl: Lower inner left leg, tattoo 3 years old, Intenz tattoo ink.

Chinese symbol: Upper back, 7 year old tattoo, ink known.

Butterfly: Lower back, 13 years old, mixed ink from tattoo studio in the BFE.

6 Weeks Post Tx 1

Some fading after tx 1

6 Weeks Post Treatment 2

I'm starting to wish they had the boost setting available up here in Alaska or the r20 treatment. I don't feel like I'm seeing much progress except for on the tattoo on my upper back. I see a little fading. I go back for treatment 3 on 2 more weeks. May have the doctors in California so one round when I'm on vacation a few months from now to see if there's a difference in technique. It's hard to tell at this point.

6 weeks post treatment 3

She turned the laser up to 2.8. It caused more swelling but was fine within a week with TLC. My upper back tattoo is responding really well but my ankle doesn't seem to want to budge.

Treatment 3

Week 6 after treatment 3

Switching

I'm not impressed with Picosure. I was 6 weeks out from my last session and decided to try Quanta Q C Plus after doing my research, it my have a different pulse but has been clinically proven to breakup tough black inks whereas Picosure is not able to as well without a system upgrade and laser extension. No one informed me of them. Picosure was sued over a year ago and their effort to makeup for the lawsuit was to add the extension and software upgrade, unfortunately the upgrade has been injuring people. I was contacted by a lawyer 3 weeks ago from this site and apparently it looks like they may be heading back to court. I am thankful that none of the girls at MD Fortsen's office damaged my skin, they're all very sweet women working there but after all that I've been informed of and after speaking to some world renowned dermatologists on here, I don't believe Picosure is for me.

I had one Quanta Q C Plus 1064 on my upper back tattoo and was impressed, here is the before and after 10 days apart. I also didn't use lidocaine and I didn't swell up, nor was I in severe pain like I was from Picosure.

I do believe Picosure is still leading in the removal of green and blue ink, they have proven that but half the price and twice the downtime with no results after $2k in treatments I'm just not so happy with Picosure. I hope they refund me my $1k, especially with the lawsuit issues, Picosure is under fire for producing false data from my understanding. It's not the providers fault, although it would have been more promising if there were more before and after photos, most places never seem to be able to back up their claims with proof which is frustrating.
Anchorage Dermatologist

I haven't dealt much with the doctor thus far. Her technicians are doing the treatmentS.