Picosure Treatments on Both Elbows- Color Tattoos - Amherst, NY

I got tattoos around both elbows 11 years ago- I...

I got tattoos around both elbows 11 years ago- I was 20 years old. Six years ago, when laser surgery was almost non-existant, I mistakingly went to some 'hole in the wall, we can remove those tattoo's' clinic and had 3 treatments performed on my left arm. This left disgusting scarring around my entire elbow and didnt remove as much ink as you would think after having 3 treatments.
I started PicoSure on February 10, 2014 and it's been 10 days since my treatment. I am here to openly share my experience and answer any questions to help those who are considering options to remove tattoos.

Pictures!

Here are before pictures, then there is a picture of my left arm after the 3 treatments from six years ago. These are before Picosure.

After first Picosure treatment

Here are pictures from my Picosure journey so far! I am noticing substantial fading and I'm amazed every morning when I check them. Today marks exactly two weeks since my procedure.
The day of (Monday Feb 10), I began blistering within an hour. I was absolutely MISERABLE until Saturday when the blisters started drying out and it was more itching and peeling. I switched at this time from an ointment to an antibiotic cream. And, ICE CUBES were my savior. Icepacks were NOT cutting it for me. I'd sit on the couch and put a bag of ice under my arm on a pillow and a bag of ice on top of my arm. And switch arms every 20 minutes or so. I was borderline unable to sleep and the blisters would break in the night and soak my pillow and blankets. Absolutely disgusting. My arms were so hot and swollen from the treatment i had to sleep with my arm outside of the blankets. Now, two weeks post-treatment, its just itchy. But the fading is continuous every day! :)

Three Weeks After My First Treatment

I haven't noticed too much change since a week ago, other than the black on my right arm is still fading out. I go back on March 21 (Friday) to have Saturday and Sunday at home and I've also taken off Monday and Tuesday from work. Hopefully I wont need that much recovery time this time around.

Progress Collage for 3 weeks

Having an issue. Anyone know what's going on??

It's been nearly a month after my treatment. So I had a small red mark on both arms last week, on the inside of my elbows. It's rapidly spreading. It's raised and hot. I've tried neosporin cream, aloe Vera, oatmeal lotion, butt balm, hydrocortisone, (for diaper rashes) and nothing is working. It hurts and it's growing rapidly. Anyone deal with this also and have some direction to give me?? It's awful!! :( thanks.

5 days since treatment #2

It's been a long 5 days since March 21. I noticed quite a difference between treatments 1 and 2. First and foremost, I did NOT have much blistering at all this time (thank goodness!). The red all blistered and that was about it. It is 50% more tolerable this time around. I'm still swollen a little but that started going down yesterday. I didn't use as much ice this time and I was a little more active also. The worst part once again was trying to sleep and the blisters making my blankets all wet at night.
I must have moved during the first night after treatment and slept with my face on my arm because I woke up on day two with redness and swelling all over my face, it looked like I'd lost a bad fight. Anti-itch cream cleared it up pretty quickly.
I did need the four days off from work to recoup. I'm still being referred to as "Popeye" at the office, so apparently it's still swollen more than I can tell.
Here's some pictures from today.

4 Weeks Since Treatment #2

Here are some updated pics. Totally healed except for some dry skin; this is because I was out in the Spring sun for a few hours and assumed it would be fine. Bad idea. Very thrilled to see the fading- although this red is giving me a run for my money! :/

Treatment 3: May 2, 2014

I had treatment 3 and attached are the pictures from the day of and the day after. Not much change with the red again :( and the fading seems to be slowing. Attached is also a collage of my right arm with the top two pictures being before and the bottom two a day after my third treatment. Not much pain after this treatment but *I did make the mistake of not getting the numbing cream prior to the appointment and it was a HUGE mistake.

Update, 2 1/2 months after Treatment 3

July 16, 2014. It has been 2 1/2 months since my last treatment. Attached are some pictures of my arms now. I have been asked if letting more time for healing in between treatments would help the process and I don't honestly think it "helps". I have my appointment for Treatment 4 on July 31. The red is really not budging and I'm unsure of what to do for that.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon