24 Years Old, Finally Getting a Smile I Can Smile About! - Amherst, NY

So, I have had crowding in my top and bottom teeth...

So, I have had crowding in my top and bottom teeth basically since my teeth grew in, and I also have a deep bite. Due to some personal and family issues, I never got braces when I was younger, and actually before my Invisalign consult, hadn't even been to a dentist in at LEAST 10 years.

When I went in, I was SO nervous to have some staring and poking around in my mouth. I've always been so self conscious about it, covering my mouth when I smile, or just not smiling at all. Plus after not being to the dentist in so long, I was sure they were going to say I needed 6 teeth pulled and 12 cavities filled first. To my surprise and pleasure, I had NO cavities and did not need any teeth pulled. AND I was approved for treatment with Invisalign. I'm 24, and everyone says I look like I'm about 17, so metal braces were not a route I wanted to take.

Yesterday I got my first set of trays. I have 23 trays for the top, and about 19 (can't remember the number) for the bottom. 30 all together for both top and bottom while including the retainers. I don't remember the amount of attachments I needed, but surprisingly they won't go on my front teeth, just on the sides. Also, I need 7 teeth filed down by .5, not looking forward to that part..

I definitely had a lisp at first, the first sentence I spoke yesterday I laughed and covered my mouth. Haha.. But that improved through the day, and I'm not as bothered by the aligners. Aside from some areas along the edges where I need to file down because they are just TOO rough. (Got the okay from my orthodontist to do so)

Tray 2!

Just put in my second trays, immediately tighter and hurts my teeth when I take them out. This didn't start for me until the day after with my first set.

I've still been having some discomfort while eating some foods, but after about a week with the first tray taking them in and out was pretty painless.

Not entirely looking forward to getting the attachments put on with tray 3, but I'll get over it I guess..

So far I like Invisalign. I HATE having to take them out to drink, I miss the simplicity luxury of drinking an iced coffee while driving to work, or immediately taking a bite/sip of something. But on the plus sides of this, I order smaller coffee's so that I don't have to keep taking them out to drink. Guess I'll save money on coffee, maybe lose a pound or two?

Yeah, probably not..

Loose tray? Help!

Maybe it was like this with the first set of trays and I didn't notice.. But, when I first put my second trays in I definitely felt that initial pressure. But by the next day, when I bite my front teeth together the top aligner wiggles? Is that normal?

What if I need a tooth pulled?

When I went for my consult, they said that behind my back left wisdom tooth (bottom) there was a small cyst. They said it was common and because there was no infection or irritation it would be fine to leave it. But as of today when I woke up, the back of my mouth on that side is really hurting when I bite down.

Can they pull the tooth? Will I be able to continue treatment or will I have to put it on hold? I'm so nervous. I just got started, I don't want to have to stop already.

Tray 8 of 21/30

Seeing some small differences, and already gaining more confidence!
Buffalo Dentist