Amazing experience!, Lincoln City, OR

12 Nov 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Amazing experience! - Lincoln City, OR

After losing 170 pounds, I had a lot of excess skin and very saggy breasts. I met with Dr. Popowich, and I was immediately impressed with his friendliness and bedside manner. Dr. Popowich has a lot of experience with post-bariatric weight loss patients. Dr. Popowich recommended a fleur de lis abdominoplasty because I had a significant amount excess skin at the top of my abdomen. I had already done a lot of research on this type of abdominoplasty, and it's the type I wanted. Other surgeons I consulted with would not perform the fleur de lis because of the vertical scar. I did not mind it. In fact, I preferred the scar over having a looser upper abdomen. Dr. Popowich also recommended a mastopexy with augmentation due to the significant amount of tissue loss from my breasts. On June 27, 2016, Dr. Popowich performed a Fleur de lis abdominoplasty and mastopexy with augmentation on me. The surgery went smoothly. The anesthesiologist Dr. Popowich works with was amazing!! Before the surgery, we discussed prior bouts of extreme nausea after surgery and that I take awhile to wake up. She gave me extra anti-nausea meds and the team at the surgical center was very patient with me. I took 4 hours to wake up enough to leave. Most patients take 1.5-2 hours. My after care was great. Shannon, the medical assistant was especially helpful. I had very few complications other than spitting sutures, and Dr. Popowich removed those very quickly. All of the office staff is very friendly and accommodating. I could not have asked for a better experience. I am 4.5 months out, and my breasts look fantastic!!! 10 out of 10! I have a flat stomach, and I feel so much better about my body.