44, 3 Kids, 5'6, 160lbs Finally Just Did It Abdominoplasty-lipo of Flanks and Above Belly Button - Amarillo, TX

24 hours out. Really sore but no regrets so far....

24 hours out. Really sore but no regrets so far. Will post before and after pics later. Haven't taken my binder off to look at anything yet. I've wanted to do this for about 10 years so I finally decided to just go for it. My spouse is taking excellent care of me! Member reviews and experiences have been very helpful in my research.

Day 2 post op

Feeling better today, but I must say the lipo areas are much more painful than the tummy incision and stretching. I am able to get up to go to the bathroom on my own, but still need help getting back on the bed against my pillows. I will go back to Dr. K on Monday for post op and to change from binder to corset. Happy weekend!

Day 5

Went in for post op yesterday. That was a rough trip got very dizzy and almost passed out in lobby. (Never had that happen before) Dr. K says everything looks great gave instructions for changing bandages and I go back next Monday. They put me in a bodysuit, it took my spouse and a nurse to get me into it. Crazy!! But it's cute with lace around the edge of the thigh and a flower in the middle of the chest area LOL
Pain is not bad, the worst part is being so hunched over that it kills my back. He pulled me really tight so I did expect it. Will get one drain out Monday so that'll feel like another step forward... will post before and after pics towards the end. Still no regrets, just looking forward to improvement with each new day.

Pics are 4 & 5 days out

Yesterday was rough towards the end of the day, it was Thanksgiving and 7th day post op, we went to my mom in laws house. Was very tired when we got home. My cg zips on both sides and was causing a lot of pain in certain areas where the zipper dips in. My wife has tons of bikinis and she doesn't use the inserts that come with them so she came up with the idea to line them inside the suit under the zippers. And oh the relief!!! No more pressure points! I'm trying to just take ibuprofen and get away from the pain meds. I will assist I putting decorations on the Christmas tree. Hope everyone is healing well and having a wonderful holiday season!

8 days PO

Still lots of swelling and not standing up straight. I feel good, just have to do a little at a time. Before pics are in another device will upload later...

Day 9

Scar looks good. There is still a layer of glue over it, but I think it looks good. Very low, looks very straight so far... go back to Dr. K on Monday, hopefully at least one drain will come out. I will be going back to work on Thursday, so it would be nice to have one less thing to deal with. I feel good today, definitely not back to myself as I have to take breaks in between tasks. I hope everybody is either looking forward to their future procedures or healing wonderfully from ones already completed.
Amarillo Physician

Dr. K was great! Staff very helpful. He was very personable, kind, and detailed about expectations and outcome.