My Health Matters!!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

After 3 years of contemplating this surgery and...

After 3 years of contemplating this surgery and trying desperately to lose weight on my own, I finally realized I need help and have decided this is the best route for me. I'm nervous, excited, anxious and happy...all in one!! More than anything, I'm prayerful that my surgery will go well! Thankful!

Sleeved!!

Happy to say that my surgery went very well on 12/8 and I'm already down 9 lbs today (12/12). The procedure along with consuming 4 liters of fluids took about 2 and 1/2 hours. The first day was the worst with gas pains and a sore throat, but no real discomfort from the surgical incisions or my stomach. I have been up and out of bed walking each day and was able to go to my office and work on yesterday, as well as grocery shopping. Albeit exhausted after that, I'm moving around pretty well. I haven't taken any pain meds since one day post surgery. The worst part of this has just been the gas bubbles and trying to release it all. The sore throat is subsiding and all my systems are now working properly. I was able to shower 24 hours after surgery and have showered everyday since. No photos as of yet, but they'll be coming soon. I'm eating oatmeal, grits and applesauce. I tried a small piece of chicken just to see if it'd stay down, and it did. I had some trouble with dry heeving and too much saliva build up initially, but that subsided after the first two days. Overall, once I learn how to eat enough food and drink enough fluids, I'll be on my way. Seriously taking it one day at a time.???? Very happy!!
Altamonte Springs Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Beltre and his staff have been amazing thus far. I believe I am in great hands. Every question asked has been answered. I am comforted by their actions and am optimistic about my surgery.