Gastric Bypass - Allentown, PA

Dr. El Chaar saved my life, figuratively. I hated...

Dr. El Chaar saved my life, figuratively. I hated myself. I hated looking in the mirror. I was depressed for 10 years and it ruined my marriage. I finally decided to do something about my weight and get out of my downward spiral. Dr. El Chaar and his team helped me navigate the process to qualify for the gastric bypass. He explained all of my options, answered dozens of questions, explained the procedure, side affects, lifestyle changes, medications, vitamins, everything impacted by the changes we planned to do to my body. And despite all the lifestyle changes, which are pretty significant, it's the best decision I ever made. I lost 78 pounds in 5 months, and I'm 10 pounds below goal. I weigh less now than I did in college and I feel AMAZING. I wasn't expecting these results, and certainly not so quickly. But I was also highly motivated. Dr. El Chaar's professionalism, caring and easy going nature made me trust him from the first moment I met him. He really listened to me and understood my goals and we picked the best surgical option for me to achieve success, and I have. Now I love how I look, my depression is GONE, my self esteem is back, I am truly happy. But I'm not naive. I know all the food issues that made me fat are still lurking waiting to take control again, and he knows that too, and is so encouraging when we meet, and makes sure I'm getting the emotional therapy and time with the nutritionists that ensure sustainable long term success. I will never regain the weight. If you're considering weight loss surgery, please go see him. You won't regret it. Not for a second.
Allentown Bariatric Surgeon