59 Yrs Old, Breast Implant Removal, Feeling More Matronly Than Voluptuous - Allen, TX

After 30+ years of having breast implants I was...

After 30+ years of having breast implants I was feeling more matronly than voluptuous at 59 years old. When my latest mammogram showed a rupture/leak of the left breast implant I opted to have them removed and not replaced. I am in the 'wait and see' mode for the next 4-6 months before I will know the final shape and size of my natural breasts. I can always opt for implants again if I don't like the final result. I am already fairly happy even though I am still considered early in the post-op period. I have had some fluid collection in the left breast which has required a few extra office visits to draw off the fluid and has required an extended time in the compression garment/sports bra. No big deal...and also no surprise, as the surgery, risks, complications, etc were all explained in detail to me by Dr. Slack at my pre-op visit. My questions were answered and I felt fully informed. It was really an easy surgery, no pain medicine required and I was able to return to work on Monday.
My procedure was performed at The Texas Health Surgery Center Craig Ranch. The facility was clean and well organized. I found the staff to be very friendly and professional. They have a nice waiting room for family and provide hot coffee/tea while they wait. I would recommend this surgery center and would return there again myself.
Now, the best part for last - Dr. Slack! What a genuinely nice man! I initially discovered him when I ran across an article about him in the Allen Magazine. I liked what he had to say about focusing on his relationship with the patient- from exam to surgery to post-op visits....and he truly puts these words into action every time I see him. I really appreciate knowing that my health and my concerns are his priority when I am I front of him. In addition to his wonderful bedside manner, it is important to me (and it should be to you too) that he is board-certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery. This means he is qualified and highly trained to perform plastic and reconstructive surgery. There are a lot of "cosmetic surgeons" out there so don't be fooled - do your homework!
Bottom line - I have been most pleased and impressed with my care. Dr. Slack and his staff are exemplary in all areas of compassionate, quality care and I highly recommend, at the very least, a consultation with him if you are considering a cosmetic procedure. Two things that stand out - 1) HE came out to the waiting room to get me when I had my first consultation with him. I thought this was such a nice gesture. 2) HE thanked ME for placing my trust in him to do my surgery. Wow! How often do you hear that?!
BNJ, Fairview, TX