This Procedure Has Changed my Life !!!

My now deceased mother used to always say that...

My now deceased mother used to always say that "youth is wasted on the young". I didn't really understand what she meant until a few years ago.
I have mostly held up well over the years. I am a 56 year old former gymnast, never had children, and weigh only 10 pounds more than I weighed when I graduated from high school. I was not allowed to sun bathe during my youth- my dad lectured me about the dangers of skin cancer, and I wear a broad spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen every day. I always wear long sleeves when hiking or driving, no matter how hot it is, also a straw hat. I was looking not too bad, except for my neck, which I was very self conscious about, and the beginnings of jowls. The last 2 years were the worst. I always knew that I would have this surgery some day, and I decided that now was the time. I had a deep plane, high SMAS, lower face lift.
This type of surgery is designed to last the longest.

Forgot picture of stitching !

I wanted to show Dr. Timothy Miller's meticulous stitching, which leaves no scars.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had known of Dr. Timothy Miller for several years. His office is located close to where I live. I had read his reviews, seen his credentials, newspaper "Best Of" awards, etc. I had him perform a few minor procedures on me over the last 2-3 years. I would read reviews of other surgeons across the world, and I would read other patients asking each other what scar cream they were using !!! I was appalled when I read these sorts of reviews. A great, meticulous surgeon will leave no trace of scars due to excellent technique and taking his/her time to do it right. For example, Dr. Miller designs the placement of his stitches to be in the hairline, on the tragus, not in front of it, and in the natural folds behind the ear. And he takes his time. Any facelift surgery that lasts just a few hours is a big clue that your surgeon could be doing better, more detailed work for you. When the time came, I did not consult with any other surgeon, just him. I knew that Dr. Miller was the only surgeon for me. This is my face, and I didn't want just anyone to be operating on me. He is an artist, very meticulous, capable, humble, confident, friendly, organized. What adjectives am I leaving out??? No one who I have not told knows that I had this surgery, including my very long time boyfriend. I went back to work on day 13. I was out in public starting on day 5. I was shopping at the local mall on day 7. On day 15 post-op, I got my long hair cut 7 1/2 inches to throw people off, in case I looked different to them, but I actually don't think it was necessary. I look just like me, only better. I look like how I used to look about 15 years ago, so there was no "new me" staring back at me in the mirror. My surgery was 8 weeks ago, and I have had 5 follow up appointments with Dr. Miller these past 8 weeks. There will be many more follow up appointments over the next several months. On the morning of my surgery, I was not the least bit nervous, just excited, because I knew that I had chosen the right surgeon. I stayed overnight in Dr. Miller's in-office suite with a private R.N, & a friend picked me up the next morning. I chose twilight sleep, not general anesthesia. No pain at all, just stiffness, swelling, some bruising on my neck, and I am still a little bit swollen, but not noticeable at all. I can feel the swelling when I wash my face, that's all. Still numb, but that will go away over the next few months. I am looking better every week. I ate an extremely low sodium diet and drank 8 Oz of water every 2 hours for 3 to 4 weeks after my surgery. I am still sleeping on my back with my head elevated. I have a trip planned, a 2 hour flight, over Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to it. If I had not had this surgery, I probably would not be taking this trip. This surgery really has changed my life. I am wearing crew necks again, shorter necklaces, mock necks, etc., and feel much more confident !!!