40 Years Old, 2 Kids, and Much Needed Mini Tummy Tuck with Laser Lipo - Alexandria, VA

Hello! It took years and lots of help to have my...

Hello! It took years and lots of help to have my second child, and I just could not get the weight off! I went to a nutritionist two years ago and lost 45 lbs! I am 5'5" and weigh 145 lbs. I have completely changed the way that I eat and I've kept the weight off. I work out frequently. I am happy with my weight, but I just couldn't lose the mom gut! I'm so close to having my figure back. So it's time to do this for me. I thought about having a full tummy tuck, but honestly, I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money or having the time to fully recover from something like that. I'm not perfect and I don't need to be. I'd like to fit better in clothes, wear skimpy underwear without bulging over it, and overall not look slightly pregnant if I don't wear shapewear.

Second day post-op -- the big reveal!

I took it easy yesterday! I left both compression garments in place and moved as little as possible. This morning, I removed the pads and showered. I couldn't get all of the marker lines off! Well, the mom skin flap is gone! As for the swelling, it doesn't look as bad as I thought, and I don't see any bruising. I'm moving around normally today, just a little slower than usual.

My son kicked me - had pain and spasms last night

So last night, I was in my recliner on our sectional and my son got angry with me (for telling him to get off the furniture) and kicked me on my incision on the right side. Agonizing pain! I took a painkiller and it helped; but I still had spasms all night. This morning, I look more swollen all over. I don't see a difference where he kicked me. I took a huge ibuprofen and it really helped. I've decided to switch to ibuprofen from now on to help with swelling.

8 days post - feeling better!

I started my walking routine ... I did 3 laps around the mall instead of my usual 6. I also did laundry, ran errands, and got the inside Christmas decorations up. Back to work tomorrow!

Looking and feeling better!

The surgical tape is finally starting to fall off! The scar is thin and hard, but not horrible. While the swelling is still going down, I still have a lump near my belly button. It's been there since the surgery. Seroma? I can't tell. I've gained 2 lbs so I can't wait to get back to my full exercise routine. Last night I engaged in some...light recreational exercise with my husband. It was fine, we just had to be careful.

Surgical tape is gone! Is uneven swelling normal?

Finally, the surgical tape is gone!!! I'm going to ease back into my exercise routine. Today, I managed to do 50 squats. I am still concerned about the unevenness in the swelling that has been there the whole time. I have an appointment in two weeks.

Happy holidays everyone!

I had a followup appointment and I was going to ask about the uneven swelling, but the office rescheduled due to the holidays. I decided to update my post anyway. I think the scar looks better. I put scar healing gel on it twice a day. The swelling has gone down. The lump by my belly button is still there, although it is smaller now. The preop instructions said I could stop wearing the binder after 3 weeks and use the support garment 12 hours a day. When I tried that, I swelled up after a few days and gained 5 lbs! So, I'm wearing the support garment, or its equivalent, nearly all day long. I still have some weight gain between the holidays and not being able to fully exercise, but I'm hoping that will come off soon. I am taking witch hazel in pill form to help with the swelling. I like the way it looks under clothes - I haven't approached flat in years!

One year's progress

Hello! I can't believe it's been a year since I had my surgery. Today I weigh the same as I did one year ago. I have been using Scar Away strips to help with the scar. The lump that I had on my abdomen is gone. I'm pleased with the results and look forward to the scar fading. It hasn't been easy though. One of the side effects mentioned was hormonal fluctuations - no kidding. My irregular period got worse than ever and at one point I was up 15 lbs. I was finally diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome after 20 years of having symptoms. I think the surgery put it over the top so that it was finally recognized. I am taking low dose birth control and going to Cross Fit classes. I never realized before how heavy all that skin was under my clothes. It's great not having to wear Spanx anymore.
Dr. Kristopher Hamwi, American Lipo Center

Dr. Hamwi was very caring and professional, and so was the staff. I had some difficulty with pain management and I nearly fainted after the procedure, but they took good care of me! I am resting now and will post pictures as I recover. I didn't get a good look before the bandages and garments were placed on me.