Rhinophyma Treatment by Dr. Fox

I am a 68 year old female with rhinophyma . In my...

I am a 68 year old female with rhinophyma . In my case, it's a condition that is now causing the development of a large bulbous, ruddy nose associated with granulomatous infiltration commonly due to untreated rosacea. (W.C. Fields nose). My rosacea has been treated for many years but that didn't matter. A lump (thickening) formed on the side of the tip of my nose and grew. Any exercise or exposure to the sun or cold made me look like Rudolph, because, as one skin doctor said, all the blood was pooling to that lump. Cover ups didn't work and it was starting to have a physiological impact on my appearance. You never hear about this happening to women but it does. I contacted numerous skin doctors and they all had different opinions arranging from: nothing can be done; to, I can cut off the tip of my nose. Then I came upon Dr. Fox of Albertson NY through the internet. This didn't seem to be a big deal to him. He used a laser to pare down the lump. He numbed me and the whole procedure took less 40 mins.

Because it was on my nose it took a little longer to heal. The lump in now gone and I feel so good. Thank you Dr. Fox.
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon