22 Year Old with Tuberous Breast Correction - Albany, NY

I am now 6 months post-op and finally writing my...

I am now 6 months post-op and finally writing my review of Dr. Deluca and his wonderful work. Prior to my surgery, I spent years contemplating whether I wanted to have this procedure done or not. I've always been a confident girl, but at the same time felt like I had something to hide. After growing tired of my body not reflecting how I felt about myself, I decided to schedule a consultation. I had no doubt that Dr. Deluca would be the best choice for this procedure, and the consultation confirmed this for me. I felt very comfortable throughout the consultation and confident in his recommendations in order for me to achieve the best results from the procedure. I was so excited to schedule an appointment for the surgery! The procedure would consist of a dual plane augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy & expansion of the lower pole, using smooth, round (silicone) implants.

Day of Surgery: The surgery was done at St. Peter's Surgery & Endoscopy Center in Albany. The staff was wonderful and made me feel very comfortable as I waited for the procedure to begin (can you believe I was actually excited to have my chest cut open?!). The last thing I remember before the surgery was seeing Dr. Deluca in all his medical gear and thinking to myself, wow this is so cool. And then it feels like you blink and you're in the recovery room, already in your surgical bra, prepared to go home.

Recovery: There is definitely some pain involved (as to be expected), and some modifications you have to make in your daily routine for the following couple weeks -- but all manageable. There were no times when I thought to myself, man, I wish I didn't do that. Your chest will feel very tight and you will have limited mobility in your arms for a little while. I also remember feeling zaps of pain and after some google-ing realized that that was actually my nerves reconnecting. It's crazy what the body can do & how it has the ability to heal itself!

Today: Six months passed and if you were to feel my boobs now, you probably wouldn't even know they're fake! They've dropped into a very natural (yet beautifully perky) position and feel almost exactly like normal breast tissue. What a nice feeling it is to look at yourself in the mirror and love what you see! I didn't realize how badly I needed this surgery until I had it done. And, of course, none of this would've been possible without Dr. Deluca! If you're looking for a surgeon, look no further. He's your guy.

Side Notes/Recommendations:
-I developed a spitting stitch which is very common and not as big of a deal as it first seems.
-I used biocorneum scar gel throughout the summer (it contains SPF -- super important to make sure your scars don't darken).
-I was extremely happy with the size of my areolas following surgery, but they did expand a bit as time progressed. I'm not upset with this, but do wish I could've prevented it. Maybe if I had used a silicone tape instead of the biocorneum gel? Not too sure.

Bra Size Comparisons

I started out wearing a 32A. I have a 250 CC on one side and 275 CC on the other. I now wear a 32DD.
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Deluca was my first and only consultation, so I don't have another surgeon to compare him to, BUT I can say that I was very pleased with my experience. He is very knowledgeable about his practice and answered all of my questions thoroughly. Dr. Deluca also made himself available to me through email for any concerns I had following surgery. On top of this, his staff is equally incredible! Super friendly and welcoming.