29, No Children - Birmingham, AL

As most here, I had a breast augmentation for...

As most here, I had a breast augmentation for enhancement reasons. I was not displeased with my body, I've just always admired larger breast I've been anywhere between 34a/b depending on my weight. I am currently pod1 and still very sore. Yesterday felt something like a nightmare though lol I was very nerve wrecked going in and considered rimming out of there! The CRNA Kevin assessed my needs and gave me a little cocktail to ease my anxiety before even going into the OR. They even let my husband stay with me until that very moment. That helped tremendously. While waking up I felt a bit rushed out and it could very well be my recollection of time not being very accurate but I heard my name then the nurse was putting my clothes on! I was nauseous, hurting, moaning. I could barely see! I got in the car and home safely and my sweet husband too over from there. I've also already had my follow up appt this morning and he said everything looked great and to ice. Overall at this moment I am happy it's out the way and that i did it!!! Can't wait to see the changes over the next few weeks. I will post pictures soon! Xoxo

More details

I failed to mention I had mentor 350 implants over filled to 400 saline- moderate plus profile. I most definitely chose saline bc of the safety reason and I know that I'm not going to be getting mri's every few years to ensure that they're intact. I like the fact that no one in the office tried to persuade me otherwise. While I'm not 100% anti silicone I will see how these hold up and if I turn out to hate saline I will switch in the future.
Today is POD 2 and I had a difficult night and morning! I have scoliosis and I NEVer sleep on my back. This has been a real challeng the last couple days. I know women have a bit of depression post op I do not I'm just a little sad that I need SO MUCH help! I do what I can for myself but I'm just one of those people that hate asking for help. I guess I just need to take it easy

Coming along ...

Pic is from pod 3, I'm now pod 4 still very sore in the left breast I'm guessing bc I'm right handed. The morning is by far the worst bc of my scoliosis I never sleep on my back so doing so has been awful. After a pain pill I'm back to normal. Moving slow but normal. It's hard trying to take it easy I'm used to doing a lot around the house while my husband is working. I know patience is key but I'm so anxious to know what size they'll be. I may have been too conservative :(

Pod 6

I am much better today! I do still take half of my pain med in the Am and Pm for comfort if not I toss n turn. Able to shower alone and eat whatever. Haven't been nauseous at all! I can raise my arms above my head still hesitate sometimes though bc I don't want to overdo it. I take miralax every other day just to be sure I don't get stopped up like I've heard from some other ladies. I can't even taste it it's awesome! Been using a heating pad heavily for my back still as it hurts ALL the time. I'm an avid stomach sleeper until now.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Every single employee of dr Hedden is beyond outgoing and very professional. While Dr Hedden is a very busy man and with a heavy patient load, he is wonderful and talented in breast augmentations.