Fraxel dual for acne scars,41 years old

I was very scared to try Fraxel,as I had read...

I was very scared to try Fraxel,as I had read about the horror stories online,but my acne scars bothered me so much,I decided to take a chance,and so far,I'm glad I did.Im only 2 days post my first treatment,but already most of my scarring is gone,maybe because they were not too bad to begin with,I'm not sure.The procedure itself is very painful,not going to lie,and for an hour after,it felt like my face was on fire.Now,I have a bronzed appearance,and minor swelling,which I'm addressing with Advil and ice.So far,I couldn't be happier,and can't stop looking in the mirror.I really hope these results remain,as I have read some reviews about how the scars came back after the swelling went down.That would be very upsetting,as this treatment is quite expensive,but so far,all is well!

Before and after 5 days post treatment

Fraxel two weeks post treatment

So..I was worried about results not being as good as immediately after the treatment,and unfortunately,that is exactly what happened.Although there is still some improvement,after the swelling went down,some of the scars did come back,which is what I was afraid of.I only wish I had waited to post my review.I still have two more treatments to go,so hopefully my skin will improve,but right now I am upset and disappointed,as this was a lot of money for me.I will post update after second treatment.

2 weeks post 3 Fraxel dual treatments

I know I have not posted an update in awhile,but I decided to wait until all my treatments were finished before posting again,as results can be very deceiving with this treatment.So..I have noticed a slight improvement in my acne scarring,but all in all I am quite disappointed.I shared my concerns with the nurse who did the treatments,and she assured me I should see real results within the next couple months,but not sure I believe her.To be honest,if I could go back in time,I probably wouldn't have done the Fraxel.The very slight improvement was not worth the expense and pain,as well as the days I had to take off work.If there is further improvement,I will post another pic in future.

6 weeks post 3 Fraxel

So..it has been a slow process,but my acne scars really are looking better.I have accepted the fact that they will never disappear fully,but they are filling in a bit and don't seem as deep.The laser has done nothing for my fine lines,but my skin does seem tighter around the jowl area.All in all I am feeling relief at finally seeing some results,even if they are subtle.I hope my skin will get even better with time and will post again in a couple of months.
Medical spa

The RN who did the Fraxel couldn't have been nicer.She answered all my questions honestly,including how painful it would be.She was very patient,and always asking if I was ok,as the Fraxel does hurt a lot.