12G 33 Years Old, 5 Children. Adelaide, AU

I had always had large and "odd" shaped breasts, ...

I had always had large and "odd" shaped breasts, the grew quickly. Even after children, breast feeding & weightloss they wouldnt get smaller.
I knew from a young age I wasnt pleased with not only the size but the shape and after years of headaches, shoulder and back pain and interference with exercises I knew its what would be best. Only wish id done it earlier.

Photos added

Still only early days but here are some pictures of how its going. Healing well, still swelling at my ribs, tightness and some firmness at the folds. Cnt waot for them to settle and smooth/round out at the bottom. Also Im so looking forward to be able to get back to the gym!

6 weeks post op

yay today I get to go get sized :D
I have a very small opening under my right breast thats taking a little longer to heal but ive been covering it woth inadine and a dressing for the last week which seems to be doing the job!
Otherwise im very happy the shape has settled and I only have slight dicomfort from bumpy roads haha and the cold weather. The worst is the 'morning boob' but once im up it quickly goes away. Laying on my left size is still uncomfortable and Im choosing to wear a soft "ahh bra" to sleep for added feel of protection...
Nxt week im goinf back to gym! So excited about that :) will be a steady start but I dnt want to hurt myself. Nurse said no awimimg or hot yoga untill the small wound is completely healed but that shouldny be long now!!

8 weeks post BR

Been back at gym for just over a week! :D
I have even been on short runs and doing intervals!!! Such a difference.
Only bought 2 new bras as I dnt want to get carried away incase my size changes. Besides atm I just wanted something to support me whilst training and comfortable to wear daily. Had my last nurse appt at the beginning of the week as I had 1 tiny spot just under my right brest that was taking a little longer to close. Alls well now tho and I wont go back untill October when I see Dr Lawrence for my post op follow up. Nurse said 1 more month and I can wear underwire bras if I choose too :D heres some updated progress pics.

16 weeks post op! Photo updates

I figured it was time for an update...
Im now 16 weeks post op. My BR was on the 10th June this year, here in Adelaide by Dr Julie Lawerance. I had the vertical scar technique and a total of 800grms removed. Ive gone from a 12G to aprox 12DD depending on make of bra.
I still have numbness in parts of my breasts, mainly in the areas near the incisions at the bottom and in my right nipple. My left nipple is hyper sensitive and same with the areolas on both. Im pretty much on 'high beam' all the time and not knowing it lol
All the lumps and firm tissue I had post surgery has all seemed to have softened now and they have settled into a nice rounder shape. Ive just started trying out underwire bras again but I still find them a bit uncomfortable and difficult to find a good fit... sad about that as I actually thought getting a reduction wld make bra shopping easier... all my previous health related issues from having large breasts are gone & exercising has become so much easier. I do sometimes find myself 'missing' my big boobies but then I look at my before and afters and literally rejoice in how much happier I am both physically and mentally.
Feel free to ask me any questions.
Good luck to everyone on their journey!
Brighton Plastic Surgeon

Was very nice. Straight to the point which I loved. Explained and answered all my questions. Very knowledgeable!