Lip Lift 4mm, Not Enough?

Hello all, I had a lip lift done yesterday, here...

Hello all, I had a lip lift done yesterday, here in the UAE. I have been considering doing this for the last two months. I saw a profile photo of myself, and that got the idea flowing. I've never been happy about my mouth - I've felt unable to show my sensuality with my mouth's expressions, and I have very beautiful teeth which I would like to show off more. My philtrum was about 20mm, but my surgeon only wanted to to off 4mm. His reasoning was that he didn't want to distort my mouth into a triangle, and he also didn't want to cause the centre to buckle. But I can hardly see the difference, and this is only the day after. I still have no tooth show when my mouth is relaxed, but I'm wondering if that is because of the swelling. Might my upper lip bounce upwards over the next few days/weeks? It seems that many people report that the opposite happens. Gosh, I really don't want to pay for another one, and I think my surgeon will be reluctant to do one.

More photos from one day after surgery

It's now two days after, and it seems the same as yesterday. There's still quite a bit of swelling.

When will I be able to smile?

Just wondering when it is safe to smile. Feeling impatient!

Day 3

I do see a difference, and that's good. I just got back from a check-up, and I really chickened out in asking about a revision. I suppose I felt a bit intimidated. As soon as I mentioned that there is still no tooth show, he stated emphatically that he does not do lip lifts that make people look like bunny rabbits. He told me that I will see some tooth show - but not a lot - once the swelling goes down. He again recommended fat injections down the road. What are your experiences with fat injection in the lips?

Of course, it's only day three. I will just have to wait. I am happy with a slight improvement. Maybe I just wasn't meant to have the sexiest lips in the world. That's okay, I do think my beautiful eyes make up for it (sorry no photos!). But anyway, what do you all think?
Dr. Fabian Blaschke

Big sense of humour, very knowledgeable.