Lip Lift 4mm, Not Enough?

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello all, I had a lip lift done yesterday, here...

Hello all, I had a lip lift done yesterday, here in the UAE. I have been considering doing this for the last two months. I saw a profile photo of myself, and that got the idea flowing. I've never been happy about my mouth - I've felt unable to show my sensuality with my mouth's expressions, and I have very beautiful teeth which I would like to show off more. My philtrum was about 20mm, but my surgeon only wanted to to off 4mm. His reasoning was that he didn't want to distort my mouth into a triangle, and he also didn't want to cause the centre to buckle. But I can hardly see the difference, and this is only the day after. I still have no tooth show when my mouth is relaxed, but I'm wondering if that is because of the swelling. Might my upper lip bounce upwards over the next few days/weeks? It seems that many people report that the opposite happens. Gosh, I really don't want to pay for another one, and I think my surgeon will be reluctant to do one.

More photos from one day after surgery

It's now two days after, and it seems the same as yesterday. There's still quite a bit of swelling.

When will I be able to smile?

Just wondering when it is safe to smile. Feeling impatient!

Day 3

I do see a difference, and that's good. I just got back from a check-up, and I really chickened out in asking about a revision. I suppose I felt a bit intimidated. As soon as I mentioned that there is still no tooth show, he stated emphatically that he does not do lip lifts that make people look like bunny rabbits. He told me that I will see some tooth show - but not a lot - once the swelling goes down. He again recommended fat injections down the road. What are your experiences with fat injection in the lips?

Of course, it's only day three. I will just have to wait. I am happy with a slight improvement. Maybe I just wasn't meant to have the sexiest lips in the world. That's okay, I do think my beautiful eyes make up for it (sorry no photos!). But anyway, what do you all think?

9 weeks post

It's been a while since I've updated anything. My At this point my scar is still feeling tight, and it is quite red. The left side of the scar is beginning to protrude but only slightly. I am self-conscious about going out in public without cover-up, but it's a bit of a catch-22 because I think the cover-up irritates the scar and is keeping it red. But I have had two or three colds since the procedure, and I think those are also causing redness as well as a bit of swelling.
One of the things I haven't read about anywhere on here is how sometimes a lip lift (at least in my case) can cause LESS tooth show than before. I'm not happy about this. I think my PS didn't take enough off (only 4 mm), and as a result, I cannot curl my philtrum up when a smile widely as I used to. In addition, the philtrum bunches up and rounds outwards, folding what little upper lip i have under. It doesn't look good! My PS did not cut up the sides of my nose, and now it seems that there is excess skin there as well, requiring me to sneer even more than before when I smile.
I'm not completely unhappy about it, though: When my mouth is at rest, or when I smile a little bit, there is a slight protrusion of upper lip, whereas before, there was nothing. Also, I do look a little younger, and I reming myself of when I was in my early 20s when I look in the mirror sometimes.
Nobody seems to have noticed anything, including my very perceptive boys. I've told only my husband and one close friend. My husband does notice and likes it, but my friend says she sees no difference.
So, I've decided to seriously look into having a revision with another PS. I'm in the process of consulting with Dr. Osuch in Warsaw, but I would ideally like to find a good PS in Prague so that I can make a special little solo vacation out of this. I also want to get a fat transfer to my lips, philtrum, nasolabial lines, smiles lies, and maybe prejowels. Please let me know if any of you know of anyone in Prague who can do all these things.

More photos of 8 weeks post

Dr. Fabian Blaschke

Big sense of humour, very knowledgeable.