A Superb Experience and a Perfect Outcome

28 Oct 2016
Updated

1 day ago

A Superb Experience and a Perfect Outcome

I interviewed a number of plastic surgeons throughout N.C. regarding breast reconstruction before making a decision. From my first visit I found Dr. Zenn to be highly competent, compassionate, professional and dedicated to meeting my needs and desires. After a cancer diagnosis I had a double mastectomy and the next year I decided to undergo reconstruction of both breasts , a mid abdominal trans flap. It was a tough recovery ( as Dr. Zenn indicated it would be) However, Dr. Zenn provided the ultimate in care. I recall when I was taken for a procedure to have a line inserted for intravenous antibiotics ( painful but not a lasting pain) I experienced unusual anxiety about the procedure but I didn't say anything. However, it was if Dr. Zenn read my mind , just before the technician began the procedure Dr. Zenn appeared beside me, reaching for my hand telling me I could squeeze it as hard as I needed, it was extremely reassuring and comforting to me to have him present. My reconstruction surgery turned out perfect . I asked for a C cup and both breasts are a full C cup. He also did an excellent tattooing of the nipples. My oncologist and GYN have remarked several times about my reconstruction and how it's one of the best they've seen. Dr. Zenn's staff, most especially his nurse Jo Ann is very patient, empathetic and helpful. I have referred a number of friends and acquaintances to Dr. Zenn and they have also been extremely pleased with his work and compassionate care.